What's new

Possible next wave of Platinum hits.... (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
at bb i saw blinx, doa3, unreal, spidey movie, nightfire and tony hawk

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
For people considering Hitman2, I found that the game suffered from some technical glitches. Froze up on me more than once, the audio would go out sync, and I had problems with corrupted save files.

Aside from that, Hitman2 is probably one of the better platinum hits choices out there. Of course, the true platinum hit has yet to be released. I'm talking Halo, and I can't help but feel MS is screwing the pooch here. Now, with the pc version imminent, MS should really be looking to drop the price. It's a bit ridiculous for a launch game to be still selling a new game price. Halo's good, but it ain't that good. Hell, Splinter Cell is dropping in price and that's the second best selling xbox game out there. This is another game that should be a prime candidate for platinum hits come this holiday season along with Ghost Recon.

A lot of gamers are very price-conscious these days, including myself, not rushing out to buy new titles at elevated price structures. One of the greatest assets the ps2 has is the greatest hits line, which actually does consist of well received, top selling titles, unlike a lot of the platinum hits which weren't well-reviewed and sold like crap. New additions to the sony lineup include FFX, soon to be from what I understand, Kingdom Hearts and Socom.

MS needs either to bring Halo down to greatest hits pricing levels, or do what they're doing up here in Canada, bundling Halo and Amped for a mere $30 more canadian. Which works out $20 US or greatest hits pricing. Why this bundle is exclusive to Canada, I have no idea. MS enjoys a larger percentage in console sales up here vis a vis the US. You would think bringing this down stateside after a successful experiment up here would be a no-brainer. You'd be wrong. Get it together MS and look to build market share.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It's a bit ridiculous for a launch game to be still selling a new game price.
It's still selling a ton of copies each month at that price.

It's also regularly discounted by retailers - I've seen it advertised for $29.99 before.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
It's a bit ridiculous for a launch game to be still selling a new game price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's still selling a ton of copies each month at that price.

It's also regularly discounted by retailers - I've seen it advertised for $29.99 before.
Exactly. Also note that is has been bundled with the hardware as well.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Price now dropped at Best Buy but they still have the original packaged games so I snapped up a copy of Hitman 2. :emoji_thumbsup: By the way, I missed the part of the intro tutorial on how to use the razor wire (aren't they called garottes?). I didn't see how in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks