Possible New Superbits.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tom Tsai, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Interesting news, I also would be definately interested in Lawrence if done right. Additionally, I never did get the new SE of Starship Troopers so that might be a worthy upgrade.

btw Dan H: do you have a DTS alarm? seems you're always around the moment it comes up [​IMG].

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

It sounds as if Mr Harris is not involved in LOA so there's no reason I can think of to pick up these revisions. Actually, there's nothing wrong with Starship Troopers or Spider-Man that militates for an upgrade for me either. I may have this DVD thing under control yet. [​IMG]

3. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

Don't forget what SuperBit means.
    Sony takes the same transfer (except for Desperado I believe) and uses higher bitrates when compressing.

So if you expect a new transfer of Lawrence of Arabia, keep dreaming [​IMG]

Doug

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

This is going to start a big debate with the "Superbit Haters," but there is definitely some light noise in the video of the current Spider-Man that I think will disappear in SB format. I mean it is a good transfer, but there is just a little something there that doesn't have to be there (no, it's not film grain I'm referring to).

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    While it would be great if Robert Harris were involved in any new Lawrence release, he's not the only one who could help. They arranged to occupy some of editor Anne Coates' time for an interview in the documentary on the first DVD release when that time could have been better spent consulting her on the audio remix where they managed to screw up the placement of a few music cues.[​IMG]

Unless they fix at least those mistakes, I won't bother with the Superbit. The 2-disc version doesn't seem bit-starved, and Dolby Digital soundtracks are at their most efficient on mixes where the surrounds are used sparingly like this one.

Regards,