Portable DVD Player Opinions

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by joe_pre, Apr 25, 2005.

1. joe_pre

joe_pre Agent

Jan 28, 2005
    Hopefully this is in the right form! I am planning on buying a portable DVD Player. I want to spend $250 or less. My two options are a dual screen, or a single larger screen. (The dual screen would come in handy in a few years for the kids). I have two questions:

1. Which would you suggest?

2. If you suggest one or the other, I would be interest in what the best bargain for the buck is. I am definately looking for quality, the biggest screen for the buck, quality of accessories included, good battery life, and positive reviews.

Thanks for all your input and replies!

2. kurtZoom

kurtZoom Stunt Coordinator

Jan 24, 2005
    I just purchased the Kawasaki dual screen portable DVD player from Target. It was about $270. At this price range you aren't going to get quality...but it works and kept my 4 year old and 21 month old entertained on our trip this last weekend (9 hours each way). The picture looked good to me...better than nothing anyway.

It does not use batteries...it has both a DC and AC power cord. The screens mount to the back of the front seats with a velcro strap. I set the DVD player on the floor in back. It worked with both purchased movies and +RW copies. It has inputs for other video sources (games or other video player) and each screen can watch one or the other. Not set up for IR headphones...but each screen has a headphone jack.

Hope this helps.