Porkys special edition on may 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Xenia Stathakopoulou, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Just read this on dvd active.com.But thats actually not the big news, the big news is besides this edition, there will be a 3 pack that has the special edition, part 2,and porkys revenge finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford Stunt Coordinator

Fox has announced a new special edition of Porky's which stars a young Kim Cattrall as Ms Honeywell. The "One Size Fits All" edition will be available to own from the 8th May, and should retail at around $19.98. The film will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Stereo and Mono tracks. Extras will include a commentary by director Bob Clark, a Porky's Through The Peephole: Bob Clark Looks Back featurette, a Porky's: A Comedy Classic featurette, original theatrical trailers, Porky's Video Game (vintage sales presentation from the 80's), a still gallery, and TV promos.

Also available on May 8th will be the Porky’s Ultimate Collection featuring the all-new Porky’s “One Size Fits All” Edition, Porky’s II: The Next Day and the DVD virgin appearance of Porky’s Revenge. This one will retail at $29.98.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/porkys.html

[​IMG]

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    YES!!! This is excellent news. At least I hope it is. By that, I hope the 2 sequels are OAR. I was at first excited about the set Maple (here in Canada) put out a few months ago, until I found out that all three films were full screen, with terrible PQ to boot.

If indeed "Porky's II" and the LONG awaited "Porky's Revenge" are OAR, then I am truly ecstatic about this set. I never bothered to pick up the Fox Double Feature containing the first 2 films because I never thought the 3rd would be released.

Between this and the "Revenge Of The Nerds" 4-pack, I really can't wait. What's better is that this comes out just 8 days before my birthday. [​IMG]

4. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    With the release of this (and the box set) next month, has there been any confirmation on the aspect ratio of the 2 sequels? I looked up the set on Amazon.com and it lists the entire sets as 1:33:1. We know that's not the case with the first film since "The One Size Fits All" Edition has been verified as being OAR. But I've yet to find any proof what-so-ever that the two sequels will be the same way. I pray that they are because after the shoddy Canadian release Maple put out late last year, I've been looking at this upcoming release as the last ray of hope for this franchise, with the hopes that it will be released properly. Anyway, my fingers are crossed on this one, but if the sequels happen to be fullscreen, I'll be passing on these movies for the second time in 6 months.

5. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Sorry, didn't notice original post date so made some invalid comments.