What's new

Popping sound from subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Kolofai

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
All of a sudden my power subwoofer has a popping sound every 3 sec "POP pop, POP pop...." I switched it off and it will pop once then silent. Power back on, the popping sound will come back after 5 mins, Any idea ? I disconnected all cables to the subwoofer but the sound is still there:frowning:

troy evans

Screenwriter
This happened to me the other night. I was hearing a strange popping sound. Then, I took the popcorn out of the microwave and ate it. :laugh: Just kidding. Do you have any chords or cables bundled up or overlapping each other? You could be getting a surge as well. Do you have the subwoofer plugged into a wall outlet or a power conditioner? Also make sure your connections haven't loosened.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
If it's doing this without even being connected to an audio source, then it must be a problem with the subs amplifier.

John

chuckg

Supporting Actor
what sub do you have?

My guess is that it has one of those evil auto-on features, and that the sub is turning itself on and off. This is most annoying. One fix is to replace the sub amp. another fix is to replace the whole sub. Or, you could pretend there is a rap concert next door. (just kidding)

Kolofai

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I have a Mirage PS series sub which I brought about 10 years ago. If the sub amp is toasted I think its not worth to get a repair rather than get another one. I did plugged the sub to the wall outlet to see if power supply is the problem but it made no different. It just keep POP pop on its own with no wire connected to it.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
just buy a new plate amp, their not expensive for around $200.00 you can pick up 600 watt amp. sub amps are very cheap there is nothing to them..check madisound or partsexpress, you can go on e-bay and just put in plate amps..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks