What's new

Popping Noise with NHT (1 Viewer)

Lou G

Auditioning
When listening to Jurassic Park III and Terminator II there are a few popping (loud piercing) sounds that sound like they come from the right-upper midrange or tweeter portion of my NHT vt-2 tower. My ht system consists of a denon 3200 receiver as my pre/pro. I biamp my vt-2 towers with a NHT sa-3 amp. I'm using a Rotel 1075 for l/r/c. Seems like when I turn up the volume slightly on the denon it pops (with only watching the above movies.) The volume on my sa-3 is set at the 13:00 position. Comments are appreciated.

Lou G

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Can you easily swap in another speaker, to rule it out?

- Good Luck

- CM

Lou G

Auditioning
I guess I can hook up the left one (in place of right one) and see what happens. Do you think it is the speaker?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Not if it only happens with those 2 movies, no.

Some combinations of gear/software are known to have bugs, but if the speaker has a fault it will repeat no matter what.

What are your components?

Good Luck - I'd hate to be in your shoes, those are nice speakers...

- CM

Lou G

Auditioning
I guess it is good news that this pop or clip has only happened with these two movies out of hundreds I have watched. I did watch JP III again and lowered the volume on my receiver as well as my separate nht amp (biamping the vt-t 2's. My equipment is as follows:

Denon 3200 receiver (pre/pro)

SA-3 NHT amp (biamping the towers)

Pioneer 515 DVD

Pioneer LD (forgot the model)

Rotel 1075 (5 ch amp)

NHT VS-2 center

NHT VT-2 l/r

NHT Super ones for the rears (wall mounted)

NHT 6.1's (in ceiling)

Size of room--14x26

Sometime this fall I will purchase the Outlaw 950 pre/pro or the new Rotel 1066.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks