What's new

Poor Service with Amazon :( (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

Mark, I thought we went over this. When I ordered the book and selected Standard Shipping the screen said the expected delivery date was Thursday Feb. 3rd to Friday Feb. 4th. That is the time Amazon estimated I should receive the package, not the time it should ship.

You said earlier: "As everyone has mentioned, the estimated shipping is 3-5 business days (which would make today your last possible "expected" shipping date)."

This is where the communication is breaking down. Amazon actually provides an expected delivery date, which was Feb. 3-4. That's why I was suprised when it did not show on Friday.

My point is that Amazon has not managed my expectations well so my disappointment is justified. Fortunately they are doing the right thing by refunding my shipping charge of $3.99 but I am concerned something serious has happened since it should not take even the USPS so many days to get a package from Kentucky. I usually get packages from Kentucky in 2-3 days tops. This is just one book as well not some large order or special handling situation.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,

The outside date range for the package shipped 1/31 is 2/8. The package did not arrive today, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will contact Amazon.

I always select Super Saver shipping, and I've no reason to expect that the generally quick shipping I usually receive should be the standard. Amazon clearly states otherwise. But it is unusual to wait so long for the package.

I just hope that the Amazon Prime program doesn't translate to Deep Discount DVD shipping times for customers not interested in joining.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED! ESTIMATED!

3-5 Business days! Feb 4th is only the 4th business day! Today is the 5th business day.

Again, their email was an ESTIMATE!
(Mark's Head EXPLODES!) :D

p.s. You also mentioned it SHIPPED Feb 1st which would actually make TOMORROW the 5th business day.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
FYI, according to the dictionary:

Expected:Note the bold word...that is not a guarantee, so I don't know why you are holding Amazon to some sort of gurantee.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Mark, you need to take it easy bro.

I never said it was a guarantee, but their delivery estimates should be accurate. Clearly they are not.

By the way, I think it counting Saturday is fair since they do deliver packages on that day. So that does make Wednesday four days past the estimated delivery day. That's simply not good performance on delivery.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Are you puposely trying to give me anxiety??

One more time: Read Amazons shipping policies BEFORE complaining.
It's 3-5 business days. As Linda pointed out in post #28, Saturdays are NOT considered business days.
you know what, forget it, since you're going to totally ignore everything I (and everyone else) have posted, I realize that you're just gonna argue everything I say because you're not going to admit you were wrong.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Mark, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth!
I think I'm gonna stop reading this thread, cuz my blood pressure spikes every time I read one of Lee's posts. He will NEVER be satisfied!

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
AY-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI. Unbelievable.....everyone's head(except Lee's) is going to explode. We have given you every example we HTF members could possibly give.....on how Amazon takes care of their customers and how good their customer service is. I EVEN SAID THEY WOULD DO SOMETHING TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR POOR EXPERIENCE....WHICH THEY PROCEEDED TO DO!! The only reason as many people popped up in this thread as did so was because the thread title itself is a SMEAR against Amazon. We defended the company for going above and beyond for shipping, reliability, TIMELINESS, and customer service. You evidently want to rant...so we give. Rant away!!!! Rant for as long as you want. BUT, do NOT be suprised when you pop up in other threads and your words are not taken as seriously as before. We tried to tell you what has happened, what to do to contact Amazon, and what they would do for you. And they did it! You chose to ignore everything various members said....then you smeared fellow HTF members because we didn't blindly go along with what you were saying:angry:(unsympathetic jerks, anyone?). That, more than anything, tells a LOT more about the you than it says about the company you're complaining about. I wish you luck and hope you have a happier 2005! May you find something to wax poetic about, instead of only complaining about a good company.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
You guys need to throttle back on the caffeine. You are taking this way too personal. Read what I wrote and you will see I am making some good points here. If they give an estimated delivery then slipping that by 4 days is simply too much, even on standard delivery. I don't know any business that would find that acceptable even if it is a sub-contractor issue. If they hear enough stories about this, then maybe they drop USPS and we get better delivery and better tracking info. That's a win for all.

Even Amazon's customer service rep said the delay was unusual. Also, it is interesting to see that others have some issues with the company.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
By the way Lee, when did you move back to Georgia? I thought you were taking up residence in Jackson Hole these days.

J

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
God Bless Amazon. But anyway, this reminds me of work in the ol' ER when folks walk in and 15 minutes later ask how long is this gonna be, i got things to do! We all want it NOW in this great world but dont want to PAY for speedy service.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
A good thing to note is something Corbin mentioned in the other thread: Whenever I have to deal with Amazon's customer service I always make it a point to call their unpublished CS number (1-800-201-7575). The service is always better and you get immediate service. The last time I had a problem I even got money back: a $10 GC applied to one of my open orders!

The best thing going for Amazon, imho, is that I only live an hour away from their Coffeyville, KS distribution center so I get my orders really fast.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Lee,

What about you acquiring some manners and reason instead?

It's you who made it personal by insulting posters who don't agree with you.
If people take the time to reply to a thread you started, the very least you can do is stay fairly courteous as well as read what they write.

Instead of that, you continue to lecture us about our conceived behaviour, ignore our arguments by repeating faulty notions of yours that have been sufficiently contradicted and maintain a general "see I'm right" attitude that's unwarranted.

This discussion is over. Every angle and aspect has been covered.

Cees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks