What's new

Pontiac Montana Dvd Player (1 Viewer)

John&w

Auditioning
Hello all. I have an Oem DVD player in my Montana that the kids use. It is manufactured by DELPHI who does most of GM's Accessory electronics.

I am trying to find out what DVD format's that are compatible with this player. I have made back-up copies of the kids dvd's for the van and they will not play correctly. I have tried DVD+R and DVD-R but with no success. The video and sound stutter severly. These discs work fine on my home theatre player and the p.c.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Denton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Denton
I'll hazard a guess...We still see some car decks, almost always OEM, that won't play some CD-R's. This was very common earlier in the game. It may be a while before car DVD players properly handle burned discs.:frowning:

Of course, I could be wrong.

Jason_M

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree wih Denton. I have istalled many aftermarket dvd players from people such as Audiovox, AcceleVision, Audiobahn, and Sony and i can only think of a couple that played burned DVD's but have seen tons of factory installed cd and dvd players that won't even play burned cd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.