What's new

Polk XRT12 and My Microwave Oven (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I've noticed something and am in search of knowledge.
I recently purchased the Polk XRT12 and love it ! The other day, I had it on and was nuking something in the oven. I realized that he signal on the XM was cutting in and out. The signal strength meter was bouncing from it's typical 3 bars down to 2, then 1. Once the microwave shut down, the XM returned to normal. The oven is a good 15 feet away from my radio/antenna. Do I have a 'leakage' problem with my mic (it's pretty old) ? Or is this one of those things ?

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
If your microwave is leaking the least of your problems is the XM reception :). Of all the ways to test your microwave the cheapest is probably to just get a new one. Or maybe try your receiver next to another microwave and see if it acts the same.

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
Lew, I believe it's 'one of those things'. :)

I have my Sirius set up with the Xact unit 4' feet away, and the antenna indoors at about 15' away from the microwave; I get the same interference as you. Our microwave is 3 years old. I have used it at another house and experienced the same interruption when the microwave is turned on.

Hopefully the microwaves interrupting the Sirius signal are not also baking my brain... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks