Polk XRT12 and My Microwave Oven

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by LewB, Apr 10, 2005.

1. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I've noticed something and am in search of knowledge.
    I recently purchased the Polk XRT12 and love it ! The other day, I had it on and was nuking something in the oven. I realized that he signal on the XM was cutting in and out. The signal strength meter was bouncing from it's typical 3 bars down to 2, then 1. Once the microwave shut down, the XM returned to normal. The oven is a good 15 feet away from my radio/antenna. Do I have a 'leakage' problem with my mic (it's pretty old) ? Or is this one of those things ?

2. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Second Unit

If your microwave is leaking the least of your problems is the XM reception [​IMG]. Of all the ways to test your microwave the cheapest is probably to just get a new one. Or maybe try your receiver next to another microwave and see if it acts the same.

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

Lew, I believe it's 'one of those things'. [​IMG]

I have my Sirius set up with the Xact unit 4' feet away, and the antenna indoors at about 15' away from the microwave; I get the same interference as you. Our microwave is 3 years old. I have used it at another house and experienced the same interruption when the microwave is turned on.

Hopefully the microwaves interrupting the Sirius signal are not also baking my brain... [​IMG]