What's new

Polk Audio vs Niles (1 Viewer)

JustDeOne

Auditioning
Real Name
justdeone
Hi Guys, I need your help. How is the Polk Audio compared to Niles in-wall speakers ? I heard the Niles HD6 and they sound really good, but I don't see many people talking about Niles at all. On the other hand, I saw many recommendations on Polk Audio TC65i. What do you recommend ? Regarding receivers, how is the Harman Kardon AVR360 vs Onkyo TX-NR609 ? many thanks for your help.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
We seem to prefer more traditional speakers around here than in-wall speakers. But in-wall/in-ceiling speakers are becoming much more popular and will have to be dealt with whether we like them or not :) . I've listened to Polk in-walls many times over the years at Frys (not the best place to audition speakers but...) and they sound pretty good to my ears. They use some of the same drivers and tweeters as their more expensive stand-alone speakers and seem to be well made. But Niles had been making in-walls for many years. PartsExpress amd Monoprice also sell in-walls that some members here think are quite good for the price but I can't imagine they could compare to Niles. I would think in-walls would need to be auditioned in the house even more than traditional speakers since they use the wall itself as the cabinet. But that would be hard to do without cutting holes in the walls. That's one reason in-walls aren't very popular. Once they're mounted your pretty much stuck with them. H/K 360:confused:?? Did you mean the H/K 3600? If so then it should be much better in most areas than the 609. The 2600 would be a fairer comparison to the 609. The 809 for the 3600.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks