Polk Audio db vs. MOMO

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by BillSuneson, Feb 9, 2006.

1. BillSuneson

BillSuneson Stunt Coordinator

I'm getting new speakers for the doors of my sport trac and i'm looking between the polk momos and dbs both in 5x7 form.

I will be using a MTX Thunder amp most likely a 404 or higher.

Any insight on which would be better and if there are any other choices out there that would be better at these prices.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Spencer M

Spencer M Extra

I don't have much experience with either series I have heard the db series many times and always thought highly of them. Again I don't know much about either but I always thought the MM series was more a competition speaker. And for the difference in price might be over kill for what you want unless you are looking to compete in spl.

3. Derek*M

Derek*M Auditioning

Whats you budget if you can afford them I would look at the new Polk SR6500 they are ear sex!

4. BillSuneson

thx for the responses, derek the sr6500 are sex for your ears, i've got the lsi speakers in home which are the same thing (not gonna spend the 1500 on 2 pairs of car speakers though)

I'm leaning twoards the db's just bc i can get them at 42 bucks a pair and the momos would be 72 bucks a pair. plus i can get a better amp that way and add a cap.

Thanks again,

Bill

P.S. if you have any other suggestions (brands, styles.....) let me know.

5. Spencer M

Spencer M Extra

Bill,
    I've been using the Pioneer "REV" series the 6 1/2 components my past few vehicles, about the same price as the db's. Might give the 6x8 REV (ts-d681r) series a listen if you have a car stereo shop near thats a Pioneer or Premier dealer.

6. RobMcc

RobMcc Auditioning

Have you looked into Focal's ?

7. Derek*M

Derek*M Auditioning

There are so many better brands out there... I would look at Rainbow the sound lines can be had cheep and they sound amazing. Again what do you have as a budget?

I wouldnt use a component set in the rear some cheep coax's will due just fine.

8. RobMcc

RobMcc Auditioning

nevermind on the Focal's , I did not see you were looking to stay in a budget .

9. BillSuneson

Thanks for the replies,

I am on a budget and for speakers i would like to keep it under 200 for both pairs, i don't want to use component speakers (going to sell the truck within the next 1-2 years and don't want to cut at all). Where would i find rainbow speakers on the internet so i could find a dealer.

Thanks,

Bill

10. Derek*M

Derek*M Auditioning

heres there website .rainbow-car-audio.de/ just put the www in front of it