What's new

Political Signatures (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering how political our signatures can be, as in the case of David Lambert's in this thread: What was this movie? .
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Alan's concerns on this one (even if I agree in part with the statement).
It gets old when you see that signature five or six times during a thread (the "Friday the 13th Part 7" petition also comes to mind) and the size of the file really starts to bog down load time for us 56k modem types.
I started a thread back in June (I think) about signature files and photos getting out of control and this falls into that category. The sentiment is understood and appreciated, but please keep it down size-wise, guys.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I came here in the process of figuring out how I should ask the exact same question. While I appreciate the importance of both political speech and the importance of allowing minority expression, my impression is that this particular forum does not permit political discussion of this sort. I would be very surprised to learn that such a signature is permissible. I had to restrain myself from replying to the signature and the content it quotes and links to. I personally find the content highly inflammatory and inaccurate.
------------------

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I personally find the content highly inflammatory and inaccurate.
I don't. However, your quote would qualify as my definition of a politician. Of course you need to ammend the the following: sleazy, criminal, front to money laundering scheme, uncaring, amoral, ...
biggrin.gif

However, I think these sorts of sigs should get the ax here.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Being a passionate person about politics, I often find myself having to watch what I say and censoring myself. If however, we are allowed to say whatever in our sig files, let me know! There are a hell of a lot of people in power in this country today who are hypocrites, and I'd like to be able to say so.
patriot.gif

And to be clear, while I'd like to, I have NO intention of changing my signature.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I was surprised that this thread was already here. In a way, even showing the flag is political, but Mr. Lambert's really inflammed me, and after I made the mistake of reading the entire link, I became even madder, but if that is how he feels, then so be it.
Slightly OT, but I do find it funny that this upcoming 'war' is neither political or religous.
Glenn

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've taken care of it. Thanks for the feedback.
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks