What's new

Police Squad on 7th November ! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I always hate this time of year. So many good releases for the holidays! This won't be one left off of the list.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Glad we finally have a date on this! I'm been waiting for the series to be released since they released the Naked Gun films (in 2000?).

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Loved the show when it was on and I haven't seen it in years. Can't wait to pick this one up in November.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Leslie deserved a much better effort on the cover art....but I'm beating a dead horse.

What a great set.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
People should have "gotten it," since AIRPLANE! had been such a monster hit. I never did understand why it didn't catch on.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Part of the problem was probably that ABC did not think that the Zuckers would stick around beyond the six episodes. As I recall the episodes were pretty much dumped on the schedule with the time slot changing almost every week.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
The "ayes" have it as I'm curious about the xfr quality. No matter because I've already pre-orderd this one. Trivia question
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Does anyone remember the name of the unlucky ABC exec that made the infamous decision to cancel this series after only 6 eps aired, and why? *hint* His initials were "T.T"

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Is this what David Zucker mentions in The Naked Gun commentary? If so, the guy's name was Tony Thermopolis (sp?) and it was cancelled because "you actually had to watch it."

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
The commentaries aren't very good (a lot of dead space, a lot of snarky putdowns of their own work -- not the ZAZ team at its most appealing).

But the good news is that all the music that was replaced on the VHS tapes is intact on the DVD (like the Judy Garland medley in the last episode).

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Does anyone else notice a possible 3:2 pulldown problem in the encoding of this release? Something wonky is going on...maybe it's just my copy...?

MatthewHA

Grip
On the audience "not getting it", that may be true, but for those of us that did, now we can re-live the short-lived brilliance of Police Squad! as we did for the first time in 1982. That year I was 11 years old and when I saw the freeze-frame gag at the end of one episode, I laughed longer and harder than I ever did up to that point in my life. I got it, and I will be getting this much dreamed of DVD.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I introduced this to my 13 and a half year old son tonight and we are now halfway through episode 5. He gets it and I still find it terribly amusing.

Great show, haven't seen this since it original run. So glad to have this on disc.

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
I've noticed the old VHS releases from the 80's look slightly "zoomed in" compared to these full-frame transfers.

DaveRU

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I had some interlacing issues (jaggies). Not too bad on my TV, but annoying if viewing on my computer

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Watched the first episode yesterday - looks great. And the show is just funny as hell, even after all these years. I'm sure I am in the minority, but I remember watching these episodes when they aired back in 1982. I still think it is a shame the show didn't last. That aside, great job with this DVD, the shows look great and the extras are very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks