What's new

"Pokemon 3" pan and scan only- STRIKE 3! 3 Strikes, you're OUT! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I really couldn't tell you whether it is the US or Japanese cut. If memory serves, they change that Pikachu doesn't die (for a short time). I NEVER trust dubber commentaries (Godzilla 2000(paraphrase): "We didn't like how the movie flowed, so we felt free to re-edit it!"(If I were the director I'd be on the first flight to the US with a baseball bat). I've only seen the movie in OSL fansubbed
Jeff Kleist

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Yes, all films should have the original theatrical ratio or the intended ratio...but...
A VERY, VERY, VERY small percentage of people would go out an buy a special widescreen version.
It's one thing to make sure Willy Wonka is released matted, but Pokemon is intended as children fodder. It's like putting a A Brief History of Time in a preschool classroom bookshelf.
I rented the first Pokemon movie to see how bad it was and I returned it without even seeing half of the movie...it's too bad for MST3K!
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I can just about guarantee that if Warner were still doing laserdiscs, the "Pokemon" films would have been widescreen on those- nuff said.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
There are quite a few people in this thread saying things along the lines of "it's only Pokemon", "Pokemon isn't worth watching anyway", and "kids won't care if Pokemon is in widescreen or not".
If someone else were to post "it's only Willy Wonka", "Willy Wonka isn't worth watching anyway", or "kids won't care if Willy Wonka is in widescreen" (feel free to mentally replace Willy Wonka with Cats and Dogs, Lord of the Rings, or what have you), the forum would be in an uproar. Implying or flat-out stating that Pokemon is "less worthy" of a presentation in its original aspect ratio than any of those other films is arbitrary and ridiculous.
It's kind of disappointing to see people who proclaim to love film post messages like that. Every movie is worth a presentation in its original aspect ratio.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
There was a discussion about this when the 1st movie was released, and somebody mentioned that Nintendo was VERY influential in it being P&S.
I tend to doubt that now, considering Warner's family divisions attitudes now.
I can just about guarantee that if Warner were still doing laserdiscs, the "Pokemon" films would have been widescreen on those- nuff said.
I highly doubt that...Nuff said.
wink.gif

------------------
*Federal
*Galaxy
*Top News
*Enlist
*Exit
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks