What's new

please universal studios (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
if the powers that be read these threads we are hoping for the rest of Kojak and Black sheep squadron.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Unless they've been remastering at least and possibly HD transferring Kojak, we may not see it on R1 for the time being because judging by the other region releases its current picture quality state is downright rotten unfortunately.

shc57783

Grip
Real Name
Scott Clarke
Originally Posted by kingfish

if the powers that be read these threads we are hoping for the rest of Kojak and Black sheep squadron.

Not to mention The Bionic Woman...

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
How about completing NIGHT GALLERY?

Or continuing ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS... and THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR?

And any chance of further volumes of WOODY WOODPECKER?

...Or maybe license them out, as has been done with DRAGNET and IRONSIDE?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Seems like Universal is happy just offering all the Kojack episodes on Netflix as WatchNow and first three seasons on Hulu.

Find it hard to think that a secondary DVD distributor would be too anxious making a deal with the casual fan can legally watch the episodes on their computer or their TV.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There are four titles that just need one more release to be finished and its too bad Universal just can't get those taken care of:

1-Night Gallery

2-Hardy Boys

3-Baa Baa Black Sheep

4-Amazing Stories

"Kojak" represents the last title from the original "Abandoned 11" from 2005 that didn't get a second release on DVD for a minimum of 18 months or more from either Universal or an independent license.

"Quincy" I would like just one more year of to be satisfied.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Jack P 

"Kojak" represents the last title from the original "Abandoned 11" from 2005 that didn't get a second release on DVD for a minimum of 18 months or more from either Universal or an independent license.
What about McCloud?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Yeah, McCloud should be added too. I kind of overlooked that because of the R4 release recently that rectified the biggest problem of the original R1 release of S1-2 which was giving us the original 60 minute episodes of S1 but of course we still don't have those in R1. (I have not gotten Kojak R2 because of the bad word of mouth).

shc57783

Grip
Real Name
Scott Clarke
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Not to mention The Bionic Woman...

If you read the transcript of the Cionic Woman Chat, Kenny said that seasons 2 and 3 were in the works.

[/QUOTE]

I was there for that chat, actually...but if you'd read David Lambert's post the next week, you'd have seen that Kenny may have been wrong...here's David's post again:

Today's the street date for S1, so I guess it's the day I can talk a bit more about the quoted-above portion of my late-September post. Somebody responded to it by saying "I have no doubt Universal will complete BW in fairly short order". Well, I honestly DO have some doubts. Yes, that has been the plan...a plan that Kenny Johnson repeated in his recent chat. However, there is absolutely no guarantee that Universal has to follow through on that plan. I DO NOT KNOW that they've decided to change the plan, but I do know that their plan was upset early when two big retailers didn't play ball.

My retail industry contacts told me that Universal's powers-that-be were absolutely LIVID that Walmart and Target decided to NOT carry the title in-store. Those chains are only selling them online, as you can see from these screen captures: http://i.imgur.com/lXU74.jpg

I'm told the studio was counting on getting lots of in-store "walk-by traffic" in those chains, especially with the upcoming holiday season kick-off, Black Friday, coming up shortly. They wanted old-school fans of the show, or friends/family of those fans, to eyeball the box and impulse-buy it. Not to mention exposure in those chains' mailed-out weekly flyers. Yeah, that's obviously not happening if the stores aren't stocking the set. Sales at Amazon are good (as of this writing, it's ranked #64 in the Movies & TV category), but there are doubts in the industry - and specifically at the studio - that those sales (and the floor traffic in Best Buy, which IS carrying the title in-store, but did NOT put it in their weekly ad circular!) can make up for the lost in-store exposure for the title at Walmart and Target.

Just sayin'. After hearing the info that I'm passing along above, I am VERY nervous that S2 and S3 releases are NOT a lock, not at all. Oh, I suppose that if Uni chooses to not release S2 and/or S3, then there's probably a good chance someone else would pick up the rights (TL, SF, TMG, someone). Still, if fans can't get a highly-wanted show The Bionic Woman in-store at Walmart and Target, then just what the heck is going on here?!?!?

Flame away if you want to. I sincerely want S2 and S3 released on DVD, because I want to own them myself. You might say that's why I'm "sounding the alarm": because I'm selfish and I want people to buy enough of S1 to make those follow-up sets happen, so I can buy them myself (along with everybody else). I'm heading over to Best Buy a bit later today to get my S1 set. As a fan of this show, I hope everyone else is also making every effort to pick it up immediately, too.

That's all I've got to say. I hope I'm way off here.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I remember Dave's post and the chat as well. I guess I'm an optimist and feel fairly sure that we'll see all 3 seaons released.

shc57783

Grip
Real Name
Scott Clarke
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

I remember Dave's post and the chat as well. I guess I'm an optimist and feel fairly sure that we'll see all 3 seaons released.

Hope you're right...but it's nearly November and still no announcement for a first quarter release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks