Please, stay away from sirius for your own sanity

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Philip_G, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I was a BIG sirius supporter, I liked the product, I liked that clearchannel has nothing to do with them.

I've been a subscriber since January, happy as a clam. I move to denver, change jobs, times are tight and I don't hae a lot of extra cash. What do they do? they accidently bill my account 125 bucks for a full year subscription instead of one month. Whatever, I call them, fairly angry but they credit it back to my account.. of course it takes 30 days and I'm without that 100 bucks for that 30 days, when I need it the most [​IMG]

After the credit came through I called back and cancelled, I can't afford to go through that again because of their screwups.

Tonight I'm looking over my CC statement, and what do I see? a charge from sirius for 119 bucks. WWWWWWWTF!
    I call them, same routine, sorry we messed up, this never happens, yadda yadda, we'll credit it back. I'm not even a customer lady, WTF are you doing???

So in summary, sirius, good product, horrid billing department.

2. Jeffrey D Smith

Jeffrey D Smith Stunt Coordinator

Well... in that case people should avoid satalite radio altogether, I believe I already told you in another post that XM radio did the same thing to me.

I was able to work something out, it took three calls, but I finally got rewarded for watching them like a hawk. (Half off for the remainder of the year)

Just like any product or service, you need to make sure you are being billed correctly.

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

they have made no concessions at all. I was surprised when I cancelled and no offers were made, no wonder sirius has been in financial hot water.

4. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Actually, Sirius is NOT in financial hot water. They have been in the past, but so has XM, and every other company at one point or another. Sirius cleared nearly ALL of their debt two months ago. And I'm sure their billing department is just fine. Almost every company that has a service that I have used has billed me incorrectly at one point or another. Sprint has billed me incorrectly almost every invoice they sent me for the first 6 months or so of service. So don't knock a service for something that happens on rare occasions.

Sprint's billing, or AOL's on the other hand, does not have occasional scewups. I have seen websites that list hundreds of them, with a small percentage being reported, and there are some large clas-action suits against the company as well.

I still can't wait to get Sirius!!

5. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Stunt Coordinator

Michelle Schmid
    Wow. I should discontinue my perfectly good satellite service because you received a couple of erroneous bills? No way! That would be insane. Besides, if that were how I did everything, I wouldn't have satellite TV, heat, lights, water, Internet service, or, really, anything at all. I don't know of any company yet who hasn't billed me incorrectly at one time or another. That's why I check bank statements, credit card statements, and bills every time I get one. People do make mistakes.

If you called them, and they corrected the errors, I really don't see the problem. They didn't hassle you or refuse to fix the mistake! Sure, the timing of the situation was bad--but when is it ever good?

6. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

7. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

If times are tight, maybe you should stick with free radio. [​IMG]

8. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    Think of all the internet sites that had 3 or 4 or more profitless years, like Yahoo, Amazon.com, Buy.com and many many more, that are NOW rolling in the dough. I think most start-ups lose money the first couple years, but once Sirius hav established a large customre base, they will become profitable, I'm sure. They are well on their way to that goal with the Here2Anywhere. In the last few months they increased subsrciptions by 60%.

9. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

10. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

11. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Stunt Coordinator

Michelle Schmid

12. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I HIGHLY suggest the bickering end.

Enough of the underhanded comments.

Thank You.

13. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    I was going to post about Sirius's Backers as well, but Michelle beat me to it. By comparison, XM will be available in 60 car brands by years end. Sirius will be available in 40 car brands. Not quite as many as XM, but 40 is still a lot, IMHO. Also, Sirius has more than one fourth the number of subs that XM has, so if they double, they will be up to one half. They didn't start out with 10 subs. Sirius also was launched over a year later than XM, so it is to be expected that they are behind in subscriber accounts. I wonder if XM had over 100,000 subscribers at the end of their first year.

14. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Joshua, I believe you missed my point, but regardless this is not a debate for me. I want to see both succeed because it will push each company to strive to be better. I am happy with my XM and I have no intention of switching, but that doesn't mean I am against Sirius in any way; enjoy your new system.