Please recommend an inexpensive component switcher

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Todd K, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

2. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Your link doesn't seem to be working but you may want to take a look around monoprice.com to see what they have to offer.

3. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

4. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne

I'll be curious to hear reports on this switcher, since I am looking for the same thing - a component switcher for 1080i that doesn't degrade the signal. But I'm skeptical of this one, as well, having read conflicting reviews.

I was referred to the Monoprice Altona 4 component switcher, which only costs about $27, but the signal definitely cuts out for a couple seconds when the screen goes too bright (predominately white). Here's the thread I had on that ...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...her-issue.html

Personally, I'm thinking of getting a new receiver and running the component connections (cable, Blu-ray, DirecTV) through that as my switcher. It will also have HDMI inputs for when I eventually upgrade my 1080i set for 1080p. But component hook up is perfectly suited for 1080i.

5. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

Somone on another forum said he used the one I linked about and had positive results -- and wasn't using it currently, so I'm gonna take it used from him.

If i don't report back here in a week or so, PM me to remind me to tell you about it.