What's new

Please Kill me, I'm an idiot. (2 Viewers)

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
I may have missed it somewhere, but did you ask your landlord if you can take out the banister and then get someone to put it professionally put it back in? if someone already addressed that you already asked, disregard this, but you know, it doesn't hurt to just ask... :D
~Brice

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I too had this problem. But I had way more inches to deal with. Trying to get my 65" into my basement was a major headache!!! It wouldn't fit down there vertically, so I had to turn it on it's side, that made a big difference. But the top of door way was still blocking the tv so......out came the jigsaw :D I was wondering if you turned the tv on it's side, I don't remember you mentioning that...

But anyway, glad to see your enjoying all the that big screen glory ....

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
This thread has just reinforced the fact that I should call Circuit City and ask what loaner TV I'm getting when they pick up mine Friday. If it's any bigger than mine they'll be in a heap of trouble getting it to the 3rd floor. Normally I wouldn't think a loaner would be any bigger than mine, but since sometimes projection TV's are cheaper than big tubes it's a possiblity. At least it's a HD-ready widescreen. No tuner, but I can't get HD in my area yet anyway, at least not without a landlord-forbidded satellite dish.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Neil Joseph, comrade of mine: What I learned from this thread is not to buy a TV that's larger than my apartment. If I do get one that's larger than my place, the RPTV needs to be big enough so that I can put my queen-size bed in it, and also include enough space to put kitchen wares and sundry stuff. JB

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
This story is as dramatic as that time when that little girl fell down a well. :emoji_thumbsup:

I can't wait for the made-for-tv-movie (guest star Elisha Cuthbert or some other buxom babe) and the inevitable Simpsons spoof.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Maybe I should start a website like that girl did, only it will be to raise cash for an RPTV. Mike may have too much pride (and/or money) to be willing to accept free stuff, but I have no money, pride, or shame. Join in gang, it's the 2003 Replace The 27" Sony Fund Raiser! And that's a non-Wega 27", in case some of you haven't developed enough sympathy for me.

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
if its a new Tosh you can turn it into 3 pieces in about 15 mins......

most new ones you can.. if ya dont know phone the Tv company and ask.. hopefully they will tell you..

for a new tosh removed the speakers grill took out a bunch of small screws slid the screen off took the housing off that holds the mirror and tada...

Were I do my coop one guy atcually cut a tv in half.. :)

well atleast the back wood part.. was pretty funny tho haha

also we jsut put in a 57hdx82 the one we took apart.. because the carpenter made the wallunit 1 inch to small for it to fit inside... soooooooooo we took it apart and he cut the 1inch lip of foot at the bottom and took the casters off hahahaha.. Lucky Plick!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OMG, seeing this thread re-appear after so long... I thought the thing fell out a window or burst into flames! Whew! Hope yer enjoying the set!

Ric

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
I just found this thread, and finished reading it. Man, way too funny.
Congrats, on finally getting it done, hope you're enjoying the set.

will_irwin

Auditioning
What a magnificient thread! So much better than people griping about their color balances or convergences or whatever!

C'mon Mike, we're waiting for you to move to the apartment upstairs, which will of course be oh-so-slightly out of reach of the hoist.... bring on Episode II!!

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I stumbled across this thread why searching for 20" LCD recommendations. Don't ask me why it came up. But the point is, this thread was fascinating. A must read. I laughed - I cried - it was better than Cats!

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks