What's new

Please Kill me, I'm an idiot. (1 Viewer)

Page

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations, Mike!

Any drama you watch on DVD will certainly pale compared to this ordeal of getting that big screen into your apartment. ;)

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
wow.. thanks for the most entertaining thread I've ever come across on HTF. I'm glad I didn't click over until today(once the fiasco was completely over). The suspense woulda killed me.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
oh wow its over I've been checking up on this every once and a while and now its done...sooner than I thought. Enjoy the TV, i'm sure you may enjoy it more because of all you went through.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Hopefully nothing goes wrong with it... imaging trying to send it back to the manufacturer for repairs..lol... congrats though!

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
This thread is so long and fun to read I forgot what model you bought. BTW...congratulations on your success!!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It'd be a hell of a note if the TV turns out to be defective. What a thread. So, congrats, Mike. I think.

I don't know how this idea will be received from a common lurker, but I enjoyed this thread so much and empathized with Mike to such a great degree that I wanted to do something for him to ease his pain and help him enjoy his new set.
What do people think about chipping in 25 cents each to a paypal account so that Mike can buy a few DVDs on us and help him feel better about the whole situation? Is this feasible? Even if a fraction of the thread's readers (over 3600 at this point) chipped in, he could probably get at least a few DVDs....

Any interest? This thread was FANTASTIC!

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds good. I was thinking the same thing.
I'll make him a set of Component video cables, with Canare Cable, Canare connectors, Techflex and heatshrink for free...
If we can raise the money for shipping.
How's that sound? I think it sounds good.
Mike email me:
[email protected] if you are interested.

You guys are too nice. It's ok though, I'm not that girl on TV who wracked up $10,000 in Gucci clothing credit card debt and then started a website to pay it off. I really appreciate the offer though. I just liked using this thread to vent because I was so frustrated with the whole ordeal, and I knew people would think it was funny, so I figured I'd share the drama. Plus I hope I convinced everyone else to measure measure measure, or maybe I convinced them to perservere to get what you wanted. Who knows. Still, thanks for everyone's advice, and thanks for the cheers and jeers, it was fun, and took my mind off directly thinking about the problem.

Daniel_BR

Grip
I've been following along and I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing we had a few pictures to help visualize this train wreck.

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Instead of buying him some DVDs or cables, why not get one of the resident ISF techs to go over and calibrate that puppy for free. After all it's been through the past week or so it probably needs a little TLC. :D

James Gallup

Agent
Benn following since the beginning and it's been great:) All's well that ends well and thanks for relieving your stress with us Mike and providing a little entertainment as well:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks