What's new

Please help-PS3 not recognizing 3D capabilities of my Viewsonic Full 3d projector (1 Viewer)

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Hi All:

Looking for some help that I can't seem to find on line, or in manuals. I have recently purchased a Viewsoninc PJD7820HD Full 3D projector. My previous projector was "3D ready" BenQ (MP626), so I needed a 3D converter box.

I was under the impression that with a Full 3D projector, that I would no longer require the use on the converter box, but I cannot get the PS3 to recognize the projector as being Full 3D.

I have ready the manual for the projector, and can't seem to see any sort of special trick (either that or I didn't understand clearly what to do). I went through the "Display Set- Up" on the PS3, as well.

Any hints on what I am doing wrong? I really want to see what the 3D capabilities of my projector are, since I am not 100% thrilled with the job that the converter box does.

Thanks

Ben

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
I'me embarassed to say that I don't know what an AVR is. I have a PS3(with the most recent firmware update), using HDMI cable into a THX reciever; from THX reciever into the projector.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
AVR = Audio Video Receiver. ie, your THX receiver.

Can you try connecting the PS3 directly to the projector and see if you get 3d?

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Well....thanks!

That solved one problem and created another. I assume that I can solve the issue of sound and switching between devices by using an HDMI spitter though.

Thanks again (of course, common sense would have helped to).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I asked about the AVR...cause I assumed you weren't listening to the projector...

I'll take a wild guess your AVR is HDMI 1.3.

The THX, here, tells us absolutely nothing...and it matters not for video.

And, yes, you could us a spltter, if you can live with 2.0 sound and DPL.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Depending which PS3 you have, you may also have an SPDIF (optical/coax) output. Output wouldn't be lossless to your receiver, but it would be 5.1 at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks