What's new

please help - need to locate oem imac 2" speaker (1 Viewer)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
as Ive been buzzing through many many many speaker makers and distributors web sites, I came accross one that offered a replacement for the little 2" aluminum speaker that is in the Imac sphere desktop speakers.
Im making some little monitors for my brother.

please if you have any clue, post it here.

thanks

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about OEM suppliers. However both HiVi Research and AuraSound make 2" metal cone drivers. Check Madisound and Parts Express if you're interested

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
i looked at those and they would work but they start at $15 and up.
I swear the one I saw was about $3 -$4 and it was "official" replacement.
basically, I wanted to make some line array speakers with those for my brothers shop. "especially since I took his speakers" I thought 8 little 2" drivers on each side would be pretty cool, hes gonna have a long bench along the back of his 2 car garage and I wanted to make him something nice..

ill still look. I remember this company sold units "made" for tv's with housing and wires and whatnot. ill keep looking

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i haven't seen any OEM driver, but i work at an apple reseller (university book store) i will give the repair center a call and see if i can get a hold of some replacement drivers.

(on another note) those things are decent for moderate volumes but one you start pushing them they lose the top end. I was amazed at how much xmax they have, i cranked some Floyd at the store and i swear it was pushing at least 3mm, it was rather impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks