What's new

Please help me identify this movie (1 Viewer)

Mike Clark

Auditioning
A friend of mine just mentioned a movie he had seen a long time ago, and it sounded rather interesting, however he couldn't remember the name of it.
The premise is that some type of large power grid is built, and at the moment it goes online everybody in the world seems to disappear. There is one man left wandering around trying to figure out what happened, and he comes across other survivors who join him in his search to figure out what the hell happened.
He thinks the movie might have been from the 70s.
Anyone know what the name of this movie is?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
1985's The Quiet Earth by Geoff Murphy, starring Bruno Lawrence. A great film that I had the pleasure of seeing theatrically. Man, I wish someone would release this on DVD.
- Walter.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I really enjoyed this movie as well, though I didn't have a chance to see it in a theater. I picked it up completely on a whim in a rental store with no idea how good a movie it was. Don't you love it when that happens? :)
This was an Australian picture, wasn't it?

Mike Clark

Auditioning
I posted this question both here and at DVD talk.
HTF Response time 29 minutes
DVD talk response time 52 minutes
GO HTF!! :)
Thanks for the help.

Scott A.

Agent
I had a worn out copy on VHS, but I haven't seen it in a while and seem to have lost the tape. During the last FOX chat someone asked Peter Stadden about it, I believe he was going to check to see if it's still Fox's title.
V1017009.jpg

I would sure like to see this on DVD.
S.
[Edited last by Scott A. on August 27, 2001 at 07:29 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks