What's new

Please help..having sound issues... (1 Viewer)

keln57

Grip
Real Name
Jason
I just got a Sony Blu Ray player and a 1000 Watt receiver...I have an optical cable hooked up to get my 5.1 DTS and Dolby Digital, however, I am only getting Pro Logic...is there a setting in the Blu Ray player that I need to change to get DTS and Dolby Digital? I noticed there were options for PCM and Bitstream, but I do not know which ones I need to choose. I went to the setup on the receiver, and it had an option to change from analog to optical, which made a huge difference, but why does my front display of the receiver say Pro Logic II instead of DTS or Dolby Digital like it is supposed to for Blu Rays? Please help. Thanks.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Sounds like your blu ray player is only sending two channel to the receiver, pro logic takes two channel and converts it to five channel. Are you also checking the blu ray sound menu when you start the movie?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Set the Bluray player to Bitstream and not PCM. Some older dvd's do default to Stereo so you need to check the audio setup menu on the disc as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks