What's new

Please help! Friend wants Bose!! (1 Viewer)

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
My friend has this 5 years old Sony stereo system (cd player no longer works). I have been encouraging him to get a new speaker and amp package. He wants Bose, I tried to explain to him what is Bose all about (I used to fooled by Bose 2). Anyways, he like the Bose cubes, any other speakers similar to Boses cube out there? This is for a bedroom setup nothing major $400 or less spending limit including amp. Help me save this poor soul from Bose!;)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Where is he finding a Bose system at 400$? At 400$, including the amp, you're looking at a low end HTIB. Circuit City and Best Buy have a dozen of these between them. Good luck.

P.S. If he can afford an extra couple of hundred dollars, he could consider some of the smaller Cambridge SoundWorks set ups at hifi.com. IMO these are better than Bose and are a fraction of the price.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I assume the bose system is used? You can't even get the WaveRadio for $400.

Anyway, look at the Klipsch quintets. They are sold at BestBuy. Or pick some up used on Ebay. Even new they are around $300. Pick up a used amp and he's good to go.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
He needs to buy this package: JBL NSP1II 5-Piece Home-Cinema Speaker Package (roughly $200) and then spend the other $200 on Receiver.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Ventriloquists would be nice, but you'll need to add a sub to it. Maybe an STF1 or Dayton 10" sub? Plus a receiver might be out of range?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks