Playing time of LOR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Robbins, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard what the playing time will be for "Fellowship of the Rings"?
    I was surprised that "Harry Potter" will be 2.5hrs. I know movie companies try to get as many daily showings as possible.

2. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

Jim,
    Everything that I've heard says the same thing. There was an article on IMDB.com that addressed this exact issue

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I recall reading that LOTR has clocked in at just under 3 hours. 2 hours 49minutes if I recall correctly. I am very glad they did not try to cram it into 90 minutes. Heck, they could have made it 45 minutes longer and I wouldn't have minded [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    You and me both, Richard. I'm glad it's going to be nearly three hours. It would have to be to fit in everything shown in the trailer! December 19th can't get here soon enough. . ..

5. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

I'd like to give a HELL YEAH to Richard and Gregs comments. I'm glad they kept it long, this way they perhaps wouldn't have to cut as much stuf from the book.
    Marshall