What's new

Play youtube videos in home theatre dvd player. (1 Viewer)

samrat

Auditioning
Real Name
naresh
Hi,
I've converted many of the youtube files to .avi. But my DVD player always says that it can't play the video. I'm using Philips HTS3545 home theatre system & DVD player with Divx compatability. Tell me how we can play youtube downloaded videos in DVD player.....?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have many Youtube videos that i've converted and play on my player.

Try converting them to mpeg files instead, you need to convert them to files that your player can read which it should tell you in the instruction manual.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
If your player can play Divx, the easiest way is to convert the avi files to Divx. Their program will do this easily. I have my stuff converted to MPEG though so it will play on any player- there's a few programs you can download for free that will do this- to make a playable DVD from that you need a DVD authoring program.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Since a lot of stuff gets pulled for 'copyright infringement', it's good to save your favorites to disc before they're gone forever.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I swear I posted this the other day...

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and came across a link to discussion on how to burn any video into a playable DVD.

Here's the How To:http://tinyurl.com/ahswwd

Here's a link to the program used: http://www.dvdflick.net/

I have not used it yet, but it looks simple.

Personally I have a PC hooked up to my HDTV. You really don't need a powerful one unless you want to watch HD video on it. Just put in a video card with HDMI or DVI output and you're go to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks