What's new

Play.com listing The Goodies and High Life (R2 PAL) (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
The Goodies - At Last
Due for release on 24/03/2003

Region 2 (PAL)

"This 2 disc collection features 8 digitally restored episodes including the very first episodes, Kitten Kong, The Goodies and the Beanstalk, Ecky Thump, Saturday Night Grease and spans their 10 years at the BBC."

and....

The High Life (The Complete Series)
Due for release on 24/03/2003

Region 0 (but PAL remember)
'Cosmic Asides' Pilot Episode
Interview with Alan Cumming (from Pebble Mill)

Contains all six episodes: Feart, Birl, Winch, Choob, Dug and Dunk!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Edited: interview missing from new specs.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Yes! The Goodies on DVD!!! My old VHS versions are wearing a bit thin. Seems to be a 'best of' though and not a season by season set.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Blackstar are now listing the supplements for the Goodies 2 disc set -

Storyboards. Out-takes. Surviving 'Broaden Your Mind' footage. Commentaries (episodes 3, 4 and 6). Laughter-free track on 'The Goodies and the Beanstalk'. Digital restoration feature."
I have been told the commentaries will be on the episodes "Kitten Kong", "The Goodies and the Beanstalk", and "Lighthouse Keeping Loonies"

:emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
This is all great news

I've just gone ahead and ordered the High Life disc. My wife is in the airline business and we were trying to remember the name of the BBC2 comedy series that featured a one plane Scottish airline. Lo and Behold you've answered our question! Its due out on 24th March according to Amazon.co.uk and I can thoroughly recommend it, absolutely hilarious :laugh:

James Reader

Screenwriter
I'm glad to see somebody else remembers and likes The High Life - I was beginning to think I was the only one!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I am sooooooooo hoping that it will be eventual that The Goodies will come out on Region 1.

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Tommy

Going by the details on the Network site, both The Goodies and The High Life are Region 0

So if you have a Pal capable TV or a DVD player that can do the Pal to NTSC switch, then great!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Neither of which I have. :frowning: I'm really holding out hope that this was popular enough in the states that it will be released on R1.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well, it's not popular enough in the UK for a DVD release, almost.

As I understand it, the Goodies themselves organized the release through an independent distributor licensed from the BBC.

Anyone who lives in the UK will tell you that the BBC seems to have no regard for the Goodies at all. It's years since it was on broadcast television - meanwhile shows like 'The Good Life' and 'Fawlty Towers' get repeated ad nauseam. :frowning:

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Update:

I've just received a note from Amazon UK that the High Life has been delayed

Release date now supposed to be 31/03/03 but no sign yet!!

James Reader

Screenwriter
Both the High Life and the Goodies now have an April 28th Release date. Knowing Network this could slip again (but I'm not knocking Network, because at least they want to release them, unlike some distributors *cough*BBC*cough*)

James Reader

Screenwriter
It's me again, going on about the Goodies and The High Life again. :)

Both arrived this morning. It's worth noting that once again The High Life includes the "Pebble Mill" interview with Alan Cumming as a supplement (as well as the original Comic Asides Pilot).

Just to remind people, both the Goodies and The High Life are Region 0 PAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks