What's new

Plasma now, or wait for '06 models? (1 Viewer)

Zach Nelson

Agent
I just sold my 5-year old Toshiba TW40X81 and now I'm reduced to watching a horrible 19". My original thought was to pick up a Panasonic 50" plasma this holiday season, figuring they would probably be on-sale or free shipping or something. But now I'm thinking about waiting until next spring when the new models come out. This past year when Panasonic introduced the current line, they cut the prices by 30-40% or something like that over last year's prices. So I'm betting that's gonna happen again. Question is, can I hold-out that long, especially with the Xbox 360 coming in Nov.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't hold off, no way.....

After having a 60" screen for a few years, I couldn't go back for a week, let alone months.

Where do you draw the line though? The 07 models will be even hotter and cheaper? The 08's?

Best of luck with your decision... :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it's true for all makes and models, but when I was looking to purchase my new RPTV last year, the salesman at Tweeters and Sears indicated that the new models were coming out with two months, (from June 04 shopping to September 04 release.) I was prepared to get the older model and the difference between the price was nominal to me and I opted to wait. Got the new model and was happy since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks