What's new

Plasma Calibration, Fujitsu P55XHA30WS Help!! (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Dear HTF,

I have a brand new Fujitsu 55" HD plasma, model P55XHA30WS. In addition to the usual controls, contrast, colour, tint, sharpness, etc. But in addition to the regular AVIA / Video Essentials adjustment parameters, there is also a black level adjustment as well as luminescence.

Toying with these last two levels can significantly improve/worsen the picture quality. Has anyone had any experience with plasma calibration and these parameters? I have my plasma set to FINE mode which looks very crisp and sharp. But should I adjust these levels first, and then run AVIA? Or run AVIA first, and then these calibrations? Video calibration just got a little more complicated. If anyone has any advice for me on how to get the plasma all dialed in, I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,
Gareth

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what the heck luminescence is supposed to be, but "contrast" is white level, and "brightness" is black level. That's what the black level option is, is the brightness control, except for once it's properly labeled to what it actually is, and ironically that makes it confusing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks