What's new

Plan 9 From Outer Space - Which one? (1 Viewer)

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Is there more than one version of Plan 9 on DVD? If so which is the best to get picture and extras wise?
Thanks,
Dylan

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'd be glad if someone else could confirm or refute this. There certainly is more than one version of Plan 9 available. However, I *think* the best version is reckoned to be the one with the documentary 'Flying Saucers Over Hollywood' (the main cover picture is of a female vampire). According to Amazon, it's currently out of print but is being re-issued on November 13th.
I've got the version with the 'Flying Saucers' documentary and it's excellent. The picture and sound do full justice to Ed Wood's magnum opus, and the documentary is excellent. It gives a full background to the picture and Ed Wood without being cruel.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I would love to have the documentary The Incredibly Strange Film Show did on Ed Wood. It's been years since I've seen that. They also did one on Jackie Chan that was great.
I don't remember much else about thet show. I think it was on the Discovery channel.
Matt
------------------
Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
loveandbullets.com

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The non-Image version sucks hard. It probably can't even be found now, which is a good thing.
Sidenote: This movie really has a bad rap. For all its flaws, at least Ed Wood was trying to say something with it, which is more than you can say about a lot of directors...
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks