What's new

Pixies tour and DVD! (1 Viewer)

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Any Pixies fans out there?

According to www.FrankBlack.net :

Pixies Warm-Up Tour Completely Sold Out Cult of Frank (10:30 PST)

The last Pixies show on the North American warm-up tour has sold out. The Prairieland, in Saskatoon, Canada, which doubled its capacity due to the high demand for tickets, has completely filled the expanded venue.

If you didn't catch them on their warm-up tour, it's likely that we'll be receiving information on additional dates sometime soon, so come in and get comfortable while you wait.
4AD has listed the the release date of the upcoming and hotly anticipated Pixies DVD as May 3/2004, to be released concurrently with Wave of Mutilation - The Best Of.

While rumours are circulating that the Canada/US release is slated for the following day, that remains as yet unconfirmed. In lieu of this confirmation, have a peek at the artwork for the upcoming best-of and the DVD with contents:

DVD CONTENTS:

1) Live (at the Town and Country Club)

The Holiday Song, Nimrod’s Son, Bone Machine, Levitate Me, Ed Is Dead, Where Is My Mind, Caribou, Something Against You, Hey, Gigantic, I’ve Been Tired, Vamos, In Heaven, Tony’s Theme, Wild Honey Pie

2) Music Videos

Monkey Gone To Heaven, Here Comes Your Man, Velouria, Dig For Fire/Allison, Alec Eiffel, Head On, Debaser

3) On The Road

4) Gouge Documentary

KrisM

Second Unit
I have to thank all you a##hole Pixies fans for buying up the tickets to the Edmonton show.;) The tickets here sold out in five minutes! I wish they were playing at a bigger venue. I'd love to see this show. Maybe I can find a scalper with a big heart who'll sell me tickets for cheap.:)

Regards
KrisM

Greg Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! I used to think I was at least a little bit with it, but now I find out that the Pixies are playing 1 1/2 hours from my house and this is the first I've heard of it. I guess that's what a job, a wife, and two kids will do to you.;)

I'd say it's really too bad that the tickets are sold out, but who am I kidding? I probably wouldn't find the time to go anyway...the DVD however is very exciting.

BTW, when is the concert in Saskatoon? If I'm in the city and have nothing to do I still might try to scrape up some tickets. The Pixies were one of my favorites while I was young and still going to school.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I have an opportunity to see the Pixies in a couple of weeks.
If you're a fan, tell me who else you listen too. I'm trying to get some idea of whether I really want to see this group.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yup, they do, Michael. It's The Thrills that are supporting them for most of the tour, though the later gigs in the tour have the Datsuns & some more hands. I'm seeing them in DFW in a couple of weeks.

AricB

Second Unit
I saw them May 1st also. They were awesome, seeing them Nov 13th in chicago too.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Decided to pick up their DVD to see if I would like them, I didn't.
Got to the part on the DVD were David Bowie etc. go on about how wonderful they are, I felt "uncool."
Returned Pixies DVD to store today, exchanged it for The WHO.
Went to Pixies sound check this afternoon, really thought they were wonderful, there is a slight difference between a DVD on my current crap system and being with them in a small state-of-the-art studio.

Henry

Sound guy to Pixies: "Are you finished rehearsing?"
Pixies front man: "We finished that years ago."

AricB

Second Unit
Pixies Front Man: Frank Black (Black Francis) That's funny what he said.

That's unfortunate. Keep in mind at the time the DVD was recorded they were only a opening act for the Throwing Muses, and very young. I personally love it, but I'm a huge fan.

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. My thread got resurected :emoji_thumbsup:

I saw them Sunday in Houston. It was simply incredible. Band looked like they were having a lot fun, sound was excellent, I am still jaded from the experince...

Setlist:

In Heaven (The Lady In the Radiator Song)
Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)
Here Comes Your Man
Mr. Grieves
Nimrod's Son
Cactus
The Holiday Song
Vamos
Where Is My Mind
Subbacultcha
Bone Machine
U-Mass
Something Against You
Isla de Encanta
Crackity Jones
Debaser
Broken Face
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Dead
Caribou
Gouge Away
Tame
Planet of Sound
Hey
Wave of Mutilation
Gigantic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks