Pit and the Pendulum

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, Feb 14, 2002.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Anybody else besides me love this classic V. Price flick?
    I have the GoodTimes VHS. Was thinking of getting the DVD.
    Is it a good transfer?
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I've been pleasantly surprised by all of the MGM Midnite Movies titles and this Poe series is no exception. My only beef is that I'd like more of 'em and fast!

3. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

The transfer is very (read VERY) good as are most to all of MGMs Midnight Movies on DVD.

Unfortunately the DVD is not anamorpic but still looks fantastic. I also have the LD which pales in comparison to the DVD transfer!

4. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    I was thinking of getting this one but "not anamorphic" kills it for me. MGM are particularly guilty in issuing non-anamorphic wide screen discs and the packaging often doesn't indicate this.

5. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

This is a very good DVD, picture is nice and sharp and the colors are beautiful. I'm a big Vincent Price fan as well and eagerly await his other titles as I have most on VHS.[​IMG]

6. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

The PIT AND THE PENDULUM disc is gorgeous. I have a widescreen television and can usually tell the difference between non-anamorphic titles vs. anamorphic ones. This is one of those rare non-anamorphic DVD's that looks almost as good as an anamorphic. Since this is an unlikely title to be remastered I wouldn't hold off on buying it.

7. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

I'm glad to hear this is a good transfer. I would have snapped it up in a second had it been anamorphic. Since it seems to be available for about $10 I may have to compromise and pick it up anyhow. Still, a missed opportunity that I assume will never be revisited. [​IMG]