What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My replacement disc showed up today. 8 days total from the day I filled out the form to getting the disc. Nicely done Disney!!!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Mine showed up yesterday. About 5 days from when I put in the request. Thanks Disney.

Doug

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Got my replacement in the mail yesterday. 9 days after calling with a holiday thrown in. Not bad. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Got mine two days after receiving my e-mail response. Three days total!!

No more bad framing. Disney is awesome and WB and Universal SUCK!!!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Filled out the form on 12/21/2007 haven't heard back yet. :frowning:

Does anyone have the 800# so I can call them.

I have an 800#, but not sure if it's the right one: 800-723-4763

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I received mine a couple of days ago as well. I think a week or ten days is a little too soon to call and inquire about not receiving the replacement. I think it took me about 10 days to get mine after filling out and submitting the form.

Chris

troy evans

Screenwriter
Glad to hear your disc reached you and the framing is correct. I have no idea why WB and Universal are getting slammed by you for a problem that, even though was handled well by Disney, was still due to thier poor quality control. Slam WB and Universal in threads for those companies specific issues.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it wasn't a particularly nuanced response. However, Disney owned up to the problem and fixed it quickly and pretty easily. Their CR people have been courteous and helpful (so far) from reports back on the web.

You can't say the same things for WB or Universal. They are consistently screwing up and not learning from their mistakes. They are slow to acknowledge the problems, even slower to fix said problems (hell, Universal hasn't come out with better packaging or re-released a poor quality HD-DVD disc yet), their website ordering fulfillment companies are atrocious.

They are, for lack of a better term, the anti-Disney. At least Disney, on a variety of releases have gone for solid extras, high bitrate transfers, and 24 bit audio. Probably the most consistent studio, though there have been a few stinkers in the bunch just as any studio so far.

Dan

Gabriel>P

Stunt Coordinator
Question, does this effect both films, or just the first? Is it just Black Pearl, or Dead Man's Chest as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks