What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue (1 Viewer)

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Called for my replacement last Friday. The guy I spoke with, I forget his name now, was great. Very polite, and it took no time to get everything set up so they could send me a replacement. I complain all too much these days about shoddy customer service (cough! Warner! cough!), so now I am more than happy to sing Disney Home Video's customer service. Thank you Disney!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
haven't received any emails. just used the link this morning. might take 'em a while?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Got my reply today asking for my address so they can send me a replacement. Nice. :)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I sent them an email yesterday, and received a reply today. Thanks to Buena Vista for their prompt response to this matter.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
The day the replacement program started, I called the 800 number and the rep took down all of my information (mailing and e-mail address), but I have yet to receive and correspondence back from them. Guess I've gotta open the movie and submit the e-form.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
got email! replied. wow this is awesome. VERY fast extremely awesome customer service =P. insane!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
It finally took my request and a response came back quickly. Disney/Buena Vista is sure committed to supporting their products. I plan to purchase a lot more Disney/Buena Vista Blu-ray titles and I sure hope they can make this work.

Chris

Real Name
Patrick E Hannon
Submitted the e-form on Friday, got the e-mail request for my mailing address on Monday, submitted same and then got a confirmation in the afternoon that a replacement disc will be sent out shortly.....great service (presumably from Disney Canada, if there is such an entity!)

The numbers on the discs are VERY difficult to see (partly due to old eyes I guess...). The numbers above the barcode are relatively easy to find and see, but start with the letters - BVDL- on my discs, one ending with A1 and the other B1. The other "two" numbers required shining a flashlight on the disc at the correct angle to make them visible...but they are still small and there was only one number repeated twice in the format XXXX XXXX. My request was successful so the numbers must be correct.

Cheers,
P.E.Hannon

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
looks like those #'s designate the layer. l0=layer1, l1=layer2, and in the future l2 and l3 are layers 3 and layers 4 =)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone that has called BVHE directly received an e-mail indicating their replacement disc has shipped?

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
Calling BVHE was a breath of fresh air. Expecting the crazy long hold times like Universal and Warner, I put on a CD and started a sodoku just to have someone on the line in 2 min. She was really nice and helpful. I only thing is I didn't have the disc handy at the time. So I'm worried it might not process.

After reading the horror stories on the Superman replacement thread, where I have to say some of the members were being jerks to them, I called and naturally was nice. The response was still the poor guy rushing and overworked probably because he has his superiors over him with the whip yelling "more! faster!". stuck between a rock and a hard place. BVHE was completely different.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

I called them directly and they took my address information, and personally told me that the disc should be there in about 2 weeks, so I'm certainly not expecting any further confirmation.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I was told a similar timeframe to receive the corrected disc. Although they asked for my contact preference, which I told them was e-mail, so I really wasn't sure if there would be further confirmation or not.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I received my replacement bluray of pirates 1 today. I was able to check for the few minutes of misframing.. its corrected now.. and looks much better.

Jacob

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, BVHE was fast! If they're shipping out of their L.A. offices I should get mine shortly as I live in the same city. Here's hoping...

I remember they swapped my The Crow DVD quickly as well, and even sent a separate check for $3.20 to cover my (at the time) USPS Priority Mail cost. They went by the price of the metered stamp on the envelope. I didn't ask for the shipping refund.

Now that's service.

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
Very nice. Glad disney is taking care of this.

Dear Brett,

Thank you for your email. We have received your contact information
and will be sending you a new Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray disc
shortly.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Just got the email stating that mine is shipping shortly. Very impressed as to how this worked out.

Guess there's no need to send back the bad disc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks