What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue (1 Viewer)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

I'm having a problem filling out the form. They are asking me to enter a "DLT" code from the back of the disc, and I can't find any such code. There are some numbers on the back, but they are so faint that I have to strain to see them, and none of them appear to resemble the example (i.e., there is no set of numbers which begins with X or MAT).

So what do I do?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I simply entered F6666, because I haven't even opened the case yet to be hands on with the disc. That got me through to completion.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
This JUST arrived in my email:

QUOTE:"Dear Scooter,

Thank you for your email. A replacement Pirates of the Caribbean has been sent to you. You should see it in 7-10 business days.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Technical Support

We'll see...

Dan M

Second Unit
so when will the corrected version be available to buy and how can we tell the difference?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Richard,

I know they're hard to read, but I just put in the disc numbers that I could read. They did not start with the letters that the webpage indicates, I think those are for DVDs only. I got a similar message to Scooter.

Dan,

No idea on when the corrected versions will be available, the BVHE email makes it sound like they're ready to go, but we'll see. As far as telling the difference, do you mean by packaging? Because it will be pretty easy to tell in the movie, the heads won't be cut off in that scene in the forgery where Bloom and Depp are sparring and then Norrington & Co. walk in.

When I get my replacement disc I'll post if there's any difference in disc numbers. I'm not sure if they'll just send the disc or the whole package, if it's the former I won't be able to compare UPC numbers to my current disc.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I called before the replacement program was officially kicked off on Friday, but I got in touch with BVHE again to make sure I was on this list to receive a replacement disc, and I was assured I was. I never had to supply any disc numbers at any point during that process, so, apparently, this is something new. Anyway, I will be sure to report when I have received mine. Though I had requested to be contacted via e-mail, and I have still not received any indication my disc has shipped. Hopefully, I will receive it soon.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't received any response to the report I submitted Friday evening. But I'm not sure how they would know my mailing address, since there is no place to submit that info on the report.

Is anyone else confused about how Disney would be able to ship replacements when they have not asked for a mailing address?

(BTW, I'm using Safari 3.0.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 if that might be a factor in the form that is presented by the link above.)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I filled out the form, but it didn't ask me for a shipping address or anything, so how do they know where to send it?

Doug

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The form has been rejected about 15 times for me. It keeps on stating specific problem is required and I had filled that out the first time I tried. Nothing seems to help the issue and I can't get any further.

Chris

Dan M

Second Unit

yes I meant with the packaging..I'm holding off buying this until I know I'm buying the correct version...I wonder how long it would take for the etailers to have the corrected version as well. I would imagine they would keep sending out the missframed ones until they run out and phase in the correct ones. Or would they recall the missframed ones maybe?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
could be never =P. i also waited for universal to change their ways on back to the future widescreen trilogy. to my knowledge they are STILL pressing the wrong discs out there and the only method to get proper framing is to send the discs in.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I called the 800 # yesterday. The rep was friendly, polite and all I had to say was I was calling for a replacement of the Pirates Blu-ray disc and she knew exactly what I was talking about (how refreshing, Warner and Universal take note). Took about 2 minutes to get my info and was told I'd get the replacement in 7-10 days and to just keep or throw out the old BD when the replacement arrives.

Very smooth so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks