What's new

Pionner Elite Receiver Help ... (VSX-52 3D) Some feedback, please? (1 Viewer)

mrmarchese

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew Marchese
I found a Pioneer Elite VSX-52 3D receiver for $650 including shipping .. Was wondering if there is anyone whose familiar w/ Pioneer's Elite brand .. Or if anyone had any comments about this receiver (or possibly hasused this receiver) ? --- Would you recommend something else for the price? --- Looks pretty nice, although i've been out of the home theater loop for a while =/ Any opinions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! ..Matt

xmagoo190

Auditioning
Real Name
Vick
Check your local BB store for open box items. I found a SC-35 for $710 in mint condition and a Marantz 6005 for $490.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Second the BB recommendation but my local store is out of last years open boxes. I got the last one! A mint SC-35 for $649 :P. Last years similar vsx-32 was a knock-off of the standard Pioneer 1120 plus a few small things. I bet the vsx 52 is a close cousin to the 1121 But I haven't confirmed it. I did buy last years vsx-32 about a year ago but for some reason I didn't care too much for it. Sold it on Audiogon. I also had a 94 txh at the same time and maybe the comparison wasn't fair. I have since bought a 23 txh and for some reason I really like it! Sounds as good to me as the SC-35 I just picked up. I think the 1121/vsx-52 are fine receivers but I wouldn't pay Elite money for the 40 or 50. Anything less than the 52 and stick with the Pioneer models. Others to consider are the Denon 2112/2312, Onkyo 709 and Marantz 5006. But remember, you can save a bunch by buying last years models (like the H/K 2600 for under $400) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/642942-REG/Harman_Kardon_AVR2600_AVR_2600_7_1_Channel_A_V_Receiver.html or factory refurbs from ac4l.com or Dakmart.com. I strongly urge that you buy from an authorized dealer to protect the warranty. Authorized dealers are listed on each brands website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks