Pionner Elite Receiver Help ... (VSX-52 3D) Some feedback, please?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by mrmarchese, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mrmarchese

mrmarchese Auditioning

I found a Pioneer Elite VSX-52 3D receiver for $650 including shipping .. Was wondering if there is anyone whose familiar w/ Pioneer's Elite brand .. Or if anyone had any comments about this receiver (or possibly hasused this receiver) ? --- Would you recommend something else for the price? --- Looks pretty nice, although i've been out of the home theater loop for a while =/ Any opinions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! ..Matt

2. xmagoo190

xmagoo190 Auditioning

Check your local BB store for open box items. I found a SC-35 for $710 in mint condition and a Marantz 6005 for $490.

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Second the BB recommendation but my local store is out of last years open boxes. I got the last one! A mint SC-35 for $649 :P. Last years similar vsx-32 was a knock-off of the standard Pioneer 1120 plus a few small things. I bet the vsx 52 is a close cousin to the 1121 But I haven't confirmed it. I did buy last years vsx-32 about a year ago but for some reason I didn't care too much for it. Sold it on Audiogon. I also had a 94 txh at the same time and maybe the comparison wasn't fair. I have since bought a 23 txh and for some reason I really like it! Sounds as good to me as the SC-35 I just picked up. I think the 1121/vsx-52 are fine receivers but I wouldn't pay Elite money for the 40 or 50. Anything less than the 52 and stick with the Pioneer models. Others to consider are the Denon 2112/2312, Onkyo 709 and Marantz 5006. But remember, you can save a bunch by buying last years models (like the H/K 2600 for under $400) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/642942-REG/Harman_Kardon_AVR2600_AVR_2600_7_1_Channel_A_V_Receiver.html or factory refurbs from ac4l.com or Dakmart.com. I strongly urge that you buy from an authorized dealer to protect the warranty. Authorized dealers are listed on each brands website.