What's new

Pioneer's New Receivers (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone see these and the price. WOW. the 912K even has the Auto MCACC that there Elite 45TX at way less then 1/2 the price tag. The 912K sells on Ebay New with Warranty for $299 if anyone's interested. Thats a heck of a deal with all the new formats, Component Switching and the Auto MCACC.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
For that price it would make a great prepro for HT. Throw a 2 channel preamp (used) in the loop and now you're all set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
There's some debate over at avsforum as to whether the 912 inlcudes the eq like the 45TX. If it does, I might be interested. Regardless, it's quite a deal.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
It says it includes the microphone for the Auto MCACC just like the 45TX. This comes right from the Pioneer Website. I'm thinking of picking 1 up and using as a Pre/Pro also with my Acurus A125x5 amp.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I believe it does not include the EQ part but does offer the Auto MCACC which is nice for some people.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Steve,
If you have a SPL meter and either S&V / Avia disc you can save yourself money and go with the 811. The only gain with the 912 really is the Auto MCACC. Just a thought...

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Why would you pay $800 more for the Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX. What does it give you that is worth the extra money? I had the 43TX and it was good but not worth a $1000. Just seems like the new Pioneer either the 812 or 912 would be a smarter buy then the over-priced Elite Models.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Isn't the 811 and the 912 about the same price. The 912 sells on Ebay for $309. The Auto MCACC is supposed to be a nifty feature isn't it. Warrants an extra $400 charge for the 45TX from the 43TX. From what I see the only difference between the Elite 43TX and the 45TX is this Auto feature and Pioneer charges an extra $400 between models.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
You do make a point there. One could buy the older 811 or the new 812/912 and put the extra money into a 2/5 channel amp and it probably would sound better than just the 45 by itself. Though some people don't want to move into seperates so they spend the money on the 45tx.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Yeah I think they probably are which is odd. You think either they would drop prices on 811 to move 812/912 in.
Though the 812 only has the manual MCACC lower end remote and the 912 has the Auto MCACC and a better remote.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I had the 43TX which I got for about $650 and I thought it was very good for the price. I have since moved to seperates. But if I would have dished out the $1200 retail and then see Pioneer come out with the 912 for $300. I would have been pretty pissed. I'm sure the Elite has better components and everything, but the $300+ price tag has to be the best deal on the market right now. I have 2 buddies that were looking to get Receivers and I have told to go the Pioneer route. Anyone have or heard the new model's?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Steve,
I can't imagine that the new ones sound any different then the 811 which I own. They really didn't change much so my guess is if they get one if they listen to music they will need an amp.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Just my .02 cents.

I have the 45TX and the MCACC since Sep of last year.

Initially these receivers had a shutdown issue which Pioneer has since fixed. Mine was replaced.

I'm a big fan of the MCACC. If you've never set up a room or you have an odd sized room the MCACC with the EQ is invaluable. The values I receiver for distance and delay are within 1db on my Rat shack meter and within .5 foot on distance.

The Eq does a great job of blending the sound in any room to a seemless soundstage. You'd never be able to adjust the EQ to how the receiver sets it without much more equipment.

Recently, I've seen this unit at my local dealer for $799
(I paid $1000).

The amp section is clean and very powerful. The UK version tested 135 WPC x 5. Much greater than the 100 WPC advertised. I added a Adcom 545 (100WPC) for fun recently and to see if there is a sound difference. Both amps sound very good. I couldn't tell the difference.

I had the Onkyo 595 and the HK 520 before this and I highly recommend the 45. It has a great remote and really very few weaknesses.

Saying that........I too believe the 912 is a very good value for $299. Add a good 5 channel amp and I'm sure you'd be pleased with the sound.

As for me I'm very satisfied. If I had one thing negative to say.......some people have indicated that they beleive the MCACC de-emphasizes the midrange leading to a somewhat bright sound. After listening to it for so long - I like it. The music set up like this,for me, makes the sound crystal clear.

Anyway good luck!

Mike

Paradigm Studio 40s FL, FR
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio ADPs rears.
Toshiba 57HDX82
Toshiba SD-2200
Pioneer 45TX
Adcom 545
Def Tech Pro 100 sub

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks