What's new

Pioneer vsx1121 speaker ohm setting (1 Viewer)

KenY

Grip
Real Name
Kenny Youngers
Anyone have trouble getting to the speaker ohm setting mode when following the manual? I can't seem to get it to work...thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Unless all of your speakers are 4 Ohm and demanding to drive, you should leave the receiver in 8 Ohm mode.

KenY

Grip
Real Name
Kenny Youngers
Yes, I know, but that's not my point...I just wanted to look at it. I know the default is 8 ohms, and my speakers are 8 ohms. I just wanted to look at it because I'm enjoying fiddling with my new receiver while I await the arrival of my wife's bookshelves to put my rear speakers on...I just couldn't get it to go into that mode.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I just used the same procedure on my vsx-23 and it worked fine. I found using the remote control easier than the Tune and Preset buttons on the front panel. Just to clarify. Press and hold the Enter button on the front panel and then push the Power-On button. It will say Factory Reset-No. Use the Up-Down buttons on the remote to change the mode and when you get to the Ohm mode you would use the L-R buttons to make any changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks