Pioneer VSX-D811S and Xbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan_S, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Stan_S

Stan_S Auditioning

Hi,

I have a Pioneer VSX-D811S receiver. I am trying to hook up my Xbox for 5.1 surround sound. I purchased the Xbox high definition connector cable, it has optical digital output and component video output. I would like to hook up the component video to the component2 connector on the receiver but am limited to the options on the receiver. It will only set component2 to TV, VCR, or DVD.

Does anyone have their Xbox video going through their VSX-D811S? If not, does anyone have their Xbox 5.1 audio going through the receiver with the video hooked to the TV? The problem I'm seeing is that I only have one set of component inputs on my TV, with my receiver taking that set. Is there any way to get the digital audio signal from the Xbox without using the high def connector? Does anyone make an s-video with digital audio output for tbe Xbox?

Thank you,
    Stan

2. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I beleive you can get something called the advanced a/v pack. It has the optical audio and s-video output. If you don't have a VCR or TV hooked up you can just assign the x-box to that input.

3. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

the pioneer receiver should have 2 inputs for component cables, and one output that would go to the tv. try swapping around the cables on the receiver.