What's new

Pioneer VSX 45TX - Questions about setup (1 Viewer)

CullenLJ

Auditioning
I recently purchased a VSX-45TX -- I am enjoying the new things but have 2 setup questions.

1 -- should I run my component inputs for my HDTV and DVD thru the amp. The setup directions allow for this and I was wondering what are the pro's or cons of this ..

2 -- I have my sub-woofer and speaker running thru the amp. I can run the speakers thru the subwoofer (Klipsch high end speakers). With this amp, why would I want to bypass the speaker connections and run speakers thru the subwoofer.Again what are the pro's and cons of this setup.

everyones $.02 is appreciated

David Judah

Screenwriter
1. I suggest you run your video directly into the TV. The 45's component switching is rated to 40 MHz, so while it might technically have the bandwidth, I wouldn't want to risk it with my HD signal. Besides, there's the extra expense of an additional component cable and risk of loss through the extra run.

2. I suggest you run your amp outputs directly to the speakers and use the sub out to the line level input on your subwoofer. That way you'll be using the receiver's crossover(adjustable at 50, 80, 100, 150, or 200 Hz)instead of the subs for the front channels. You'll get better seperation, and again, less risk of loss through a shorter signal path.

Congrats on the purchase. It's a very nice receiver with alot of processing power.

DJ

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have a 45tx and an HD ready set with 2 sets of component inputs. I run 2 dvd players via componenent into the receiver (one a scaling JVC for 4/3 movies because it puts black bars on the sides, and one a Panny with Faroudja chip for anamorphic) and from the receiver to one set of component inputs on the set. I run my HD box's component cables direct to the set's other component inputs.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
If you don't mine me asking how much did you pay for the 45TX. I'm looking into purchasing and the cheapest I have found was $745 shipped.

Steve

CullenLJ

Auditioning
No -- I do not mind your asking. I bought it locally since I was told and the forum kinda backed up the fact that Pioneer Elite purchased on line might have warranty problems.

Best I got was $899 from a local retailer but got 18 months free financing -- which depending on your theory's of present value of money, eased the pain somewhat.

Yes I overpaid -- but it was not worth a couple of hundred dollars if I had problems and ran into warranty hassles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks