What's new

Pioneer THX ULTRA Receiver $279.99 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.ecost.com has the refurbished Pioneer Elete VSX-26TX Receiver on a countdown (about 40hrs to go) for $279.99 with free shipping. If you don't mind a refurbished receiver & can do without DPL 2 & 6.1 this is a very good receiver that has Burr Brown D/A conveters & etc. The original list price on this receiver was $1,200.00

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is the reciever I own. Mine was new though. Good power supply and has great Dolby and Dts decoding. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Paul, As I said in the post I think it all depends if you can live without 6.1 & DPL 2. As Tim said it has a great power supply & I'm sure it's a lot better than the one in the 912 & you can't beat those Burr Brown D/A Converters. This Elite Receiver also works for 2 different zones if that might be a deciding factor? I would ask myself can I live without DPL 2 & if the answer is yes, then I would go for the Pioneer Elite. Just my 2 cents though. :D

Paul cbc

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, Tim,

I've been looking, but haven't been able to find if this unit has connectivity for multichannel-Sacd. If so how is the bass management? Appreciate your time.

paul

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Bill,

What is the deal with warranties from this site re: refurbished units and how reliable is the "refurbishing"???

Interesting deals, but if said units were once broken...

Thanx! D

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
This is a great deal, I had one of the 26TX units.
The only problem was the cold solder joint on the DSP board.
Hence the reason they probably refurbished them.
This problem would make the sound cut out after some time once the unit was broken in & warm.
Pioneer did come out with a repair kit for this.
Enjoy the AVR, it's a very nice unit :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks