What's new

Pioneer speakers (1 Viewer)

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys!
Any thoughts on the S-H253B-K Speakers?
im looking for something semi cheap but don't want a tiny bookshlef with a 4" woofer. cause im sorta partial to actual bass and don't have funds for a subwoofer right yet.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Probably should start with what your price range is, as you might find a number of suggestions here.

The Pio Elite sepeakers that they used to put out were half decent, but their other stuff wasn't that great, IMO.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
im also up for suggestions for other speakers in that price range or lower that have good bass. i do realize that this isn't much money for speakers but its what i have and i want it to go as far as i can

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
ok i have seen those before and my only concern is that with out anyform of grill cover im afraid that they will get damaged by flying objects as i live in a dormroom. it would kill me it somebody threw a ball in my room and punched in a woofer.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Grills could definitely be an issue. They said they would be releasing them with grills soon; I think that was their number one question with those speakers. If someone damages your stuff though, you get to beat them down AND make them replace the damaged part.

Athena AS-B2.2s are $249 and B1.2s are $119 at www.audioadvisor.com right now. They have pretty good bass, though the highs are a tad bright. Overall, decent speakers for the price.

Shane Harg

Second Unit
Don't knock bookshelf speakers. Good ones will kick the hell out of those Pioneers and rock your world with tight, accurate bass...

That being said, the Klipsch Synergy B-2's are very good bookshelf speakers with 5.25" inch woofers and can be had for around $225 here

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
im not trying to knock bookshelf speakers. in fact thats what i want. but i am looking for a bookshelf more along the lines of the JBL E50 with the 8" woofer as i like LOUD music and bass. those are just barely out of my price range unless if i find a good deal on them.

this is almost becoming my signature

If anybody has a stereo or surround reciever or a nice integrated amp for like $200 PM me or email me but get in touch with me.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Sure, I've got some thoughts on them, because I've owned them for almost two years! :D Here's my review of them.

As for dorm use, their black vinyl matte veneer is a good thing because you can just wipe off any beer or cheese dip that gets spilled/thrown on them. :)

But AFAIK they aren't being made anymore (though Circuit may still have some in stock) and have been replaced by this similar model. It's #2 right now on CC's best selling speaker list.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
thanks
im thinking im going to pick some up unless if i find a jewel of a speaker at a yard sale this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks