What's new

Pioneer SC-75 MCACC Error SR (1 Viewer)

bcrazycramer

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
I got this Pioneer SC-75 and hooked it up to my Bowers & Wilkins speakers and subwoofer. I get this error when I run the MCACC setup. Error SR. I have the B & W ASW610 subwoofer hooked up to the front outputs and the B & W 683 s2 speakers bi amped to front outputs and front height outputs. Where should I hook up this subwoofer? I have all this hooked up to a 65" Samsung Curved UN65HU9000F 4k TV. I need some help...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You need to be SPECIFIC.That AVR has preouts...which is what everyone on this forum would assume you meant the front channel preouts.But if you...Connected high level to the sub(which I can only guess is what you mean) and bi-amped your main channel...No wonder it doesn't work. You are lucky you didn't fry it.

bcrazycramer

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
schan1269 said:
You need to be SPECIFIC.That AVR has preouts...which is what everyone on this forum would assume you meant the front channel preouts.But if you...Connected high level to the sub(which I can only guess is what you mean) and bi-amped your main channel...No wonder it doesn't work. You are lucky you didn't fry it.
I hooked up the speakers per the manual for bi-amped with speaker wire. The subwoofer stated in the manual to hook up the front speaker leads with speaker wire to the subwoofer. The subwoofer was hooked up with the low frequency on bi-amped speakers feed for front speakers.

I need to get the cable for the subwoofer and I should be good?

What's wrong with bi-amped speakers?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are these the only three speakers? Doubling the power nets 3db.On your speakers...When you take out the jumpers..is the low end separated from the top end?If yes, the AVR is either...Sending a full 20-20k signal to the woofer.Or, sending only the "crossover choice" and under, leaving you a big hole in frequency response. If the speaker is not separated low/high, and the AVR sends it crossed over...no net increase in power.I wish AVR manufacturers(except Onkyo, as they actually offer crossovers for this...specifically) would remove that capability.

bcrazycramer

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
schan1269 said:
Are these the only three speakers?Doubling the power nets 3db.On your speakers...When you take out the jumpers..is the low end separated from the top end?If yes, the AVR is either...Sending a full 20-20k signal to the woofer.Or, sending only the "crossover choice" and under, leaving you a big hole in frequency response.If the speaker is not separated low/high, and the AVR sends it crossed over...no net increase in power.I wish AVR manufacturers(except Onkyo, as they actually offer crossovers for this...specifically) would remove that capability.

For now, I just have the three speakers. I did remove the clip that connects the low and high terminals. I will get the proper cable for the subwoofer and try it again tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks