What's new

Pioneer Elite 710 problem (1 Viewer)

Bill Zerby

Grip
i've had a pioneer elite 710 for about a month. great tv, i'd recommend it to anyone. i've had a small problem though, anyone ever heard of this? in any bright scene (especially a pure white like a hockey rink) i have a pink tinted area right in the center of the screen that's about 8 inches around. everything in that spot on the screen gets a small pinkish tinge - it is pretty faint when watching normal tv but if you put in a test pattern such as the white box it is pretty obvious. i have adjusted the video settings using video essentials and no adjustment seems to make the problem go away. this happens with dvds and broadcast tv. i've tried to adjust the convergence the best i can and i can't see any spots with glaring errors. the dealer i bought it from is probably going to send out a technician to look at it, but i just wanted to get any opinions if this is a big deal or a little deal - or no deal at all :)
thanks,
bill

J

John Morris

Hi Bill,
This sounds a bit like screen burn in. Is the image perfectly round? Can you see anything else in the round image? Did this set ever spend overnight with a static image displayed on it such as a DVD menu? Was this TV purchased brand new in box? If not, possibly the store left it on for a long time with a store logo or other logo displayed on it.
My old RPTV had a yellow on white burn which occured due to a Replay TV screen which was left on for a weekend with the TV settings in Torch mode. I know better now....
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks