What's new

Pioneer DVR-310 owners, what's your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Darell B.

Auditioning
I am considering buying the Pioneer DVR-310 DVD recorder, but I haven't seen too many owner reviews of the product. The recorder has all of my "must have" features, plus a few "Like to have" features.

If you own one of these recorders, could you give me your opinion of the device? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

Tel M

Auditioning
Just got it set up a few hours ago so nothing too in-depth but initial impressions are very good.
using manual recording mode and MN19 (2hrs 20mins) on a DVD-RW gave a picture virtually indistingishable from the source (digital satellite on a live broadcast).
The one thing I did notice, the 3100 tuner has a slightly softer picture than the tv's own tuner (If there is an option to sharpen the internal tuners image, I havenot yet found it), and the settings for picture source don't seem to make a lot of difference, at best the adjustments are very fine.
Loaded up an RW and it took around a minute to intialize after which I pressed record and it started right off (I was expecting a few seconds delay).
How much of the above 2 foibles is down to me not knowing my way round as yet is still unknown, but I am happy with mine so far. :)

Tel M

Auditioning
In adition to the above, bit more playing and i find the white level, black level and chroma make a difference (though black and white levels are subtle) but all the others (detail NR etc) seem to make none, perhaps the others work on NTSC not PAL, or maybe the region free bios disables them ?
Either way I still am happy, be nice to have those other parameters adjustable though :)

Darell B.

Auditioning
Last night I ordered the Pioneer DVR-310 over the Internet through a store named "OneCall.com". They had a great price: $409 + a $100 manufacture rebate, bringing the final cost to $309 plus shipping. I have the feeling that new DVD recording technology (Dual layer DVD?) is about to hit the market soon and will be the next best thing. But I had to make the plunge. This recorder meets my needs and the price was good, so I went for it.

I'll do another post about this recorder after I have done some recording.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
That's weird, I just got their flyer in the mail and the 310 is showing a price after rebate of $289.92.

You may want to check into that.

Alfer

Darell B.

Auditioning
Yeah, two days after I bought it, the price dropped again. Oh well, it's only $20. My guess is that Pioneer is clearing out their stock to release a new model. Also, I saw that Costco is now selling a Pioneer DVR 210, and when I compared all of the specs, it appears to be exactly like the 310. Costco's price is $329, but no rebate. At least the one at Costco doesn't have shipping charges.

I'm still satisfied with my purchase, which should arrive today.

Richard Carnahan

Stunt Coordinator
I saw that Costco is now selling a Pioneer DVR 210, and when I compared all of the specs, it appears to be exactly like the 310. Costco's price is $329, but no rebate. At least the one at Costco doesn't have shipping charges.

I bought the Pioneer DVR 210 yesterday from Costco and the price is now down to $299. I'm quite happy with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks