What's new

Pioneer DVD player doesn't like CDs (1 Viewer)

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
Well, not all CDs, but after 2 years,my DV-C503 has become quite picky. For a growing numbner of CDs, it will attempt to read the disc (display says LOADING) and then stop and the tray will open. Sometimes it will read a disc just fine, but not read it the next time it comes around when I'm playing 5-disc random. It's a big pain since I like to load up discs and put them on random when I'm working around the house.

Has anyone else had similar problems or know what I might try to fix it? I've tried cleaning the laser with one of those CD cleaners with the little bush on it (Maxell) but it didn't seem to help.

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
No one has ever had this problem? I guess I should've gotten an extended warranty. :frowning:

Jimmie Lee

Grip
I have a Pioneer DV-05 that exhibits the same problem that you are experiencing. I also tried the laser cleaning method without positive results. The player has never rejected a DVD, but it is becoming much more selective with CD's. Apparently, this is not an isolated problem for Pioneer DVD players as I have read numerous reports from owners who share our problem. I seems that you have three choices. Live with it. Get it repaired (probably not worth it), or replace it.

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, even though there seems to be nothing I can do, at least I know I'm not alone. It's really a shame because I use it more for music than movies.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, I have a DV-414 and it does the same thing. I used to use my LaserDisc player, but I finally broke down and bought just a cd player.

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm ...

I have the DV-F727 and have never had that problem.

But then, I have the PDF-1007 for CDs so I've never actually put a CD in my DVD player ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks