What's new

Pioneer DV-563A Review (1 Viewer)

Rich G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John, the BB's here didn't cary Pioneer DVD players. I'll have to check again.
Thank you.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
The best buys here in MN are just starting to get them in...
Interesting. I've had one on pre-order from One Call for quite some time now, but there is still no indication of them actually getting any stock. Perhaps I'll pick one up at Best Buy and then cancel the One Call order. That's assuming, of course, that I can actually find one at the Roseville or Maplewood stores... which often seem to do a rather poor job of stocking their shelves.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Are these players in the B&M stores yet? If so, where? If not, who has em on line besides Crutchfield?
Haven't seen unit in any b & m yet, but have been looking more online.

No dice at GoodGuys.com CircuitCity.com or BestBuy.com. Is there any rhyme or reason to whether or not a b & m store of one of these chains might have something in stock that is not available online?

Unit is also still listed as available for pre-order at OneCall.com and AudioAdvisor.com.

Crutchfield seems to be the place where most HTFers who have purchased one of these has received it from.

Paul

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Well, I've now verified that Best Buy does have the DV-563A in stock... at least in the Twin Cities, MN area. However, it was so new (just arrived yesterday, supposedly) that it wasn't yet on display and couldn't be scanned by their sales registers. An employee grabbed one from storage, and I had to pay for it at the customer service counter. The price is $179 -- same as it seems to be selling for everywhere else.

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Scott, did you by chance get yours at the Roseville store? I just picked mine up there and they came in on the shipment last night...they'd already sold one when I came in...the sales guy didn't understand why people were so interested in them...tee hee. I'm looking forward to see how well this machine does for sure.

I picked one up today at the BB in Hickory NC, salesman told me they came in 2 days ago..... I'm still playing with it because my HT/Audio system is in piece's right now due the TV taking a lighting hit but DVD Audio sounds wonderful. One thing I noticed is no sub with SACD is that right? :confused: I'm have been out of the loop for awhile and need to get back up to speed.

Later
Kelly

Miles

Second Unit
I got mine at a Future Shop in Nova Scotia on Friday. So they are available in Canada. I believe someone from Ontario has also indicated they have one in either this topic or the one on AVSForum.

Later,

Miles

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
One thing I noticed is no sub with SACD is that right?
No player should do that.

Even if the disc does not use a .1 channel, bass from the mains should be sent to the sub if you have the common set-up of all speaker's small, sub on.

You might want to check your channel balance. Most universal players have low output to the sub channel. You might need to set your sub channel at +5 and the main channels -5.

BGL

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Scott,

The 563A worked great for me...I'm only using SACD in 2 channel mode since my receiver was bought right before they all started coming with 6 ch inputs :frowning:

So far so good...has anyone found out if it has the chroma bug?

Brian L & Jigesh Patel

OK I figured out what I was doing wrong, I still had the SACD playback in the 2CH setting, it will not send a signal to the sub like this. I only have 2 SACD's and both are stereo no multi ch so at the time I was a little confused as what to expect.:b

Later
Kelly

Rich G

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked one up from BB for 170.99. Bought 2 SACD and one DVD-A. I'll be setting up during the Yankee/Redsox game and listening inbetween innings:)

Jerry_Z

Auditioning
I got mine at a Future Shop in Nova Scotia on Friday. So they are available in Canada. I believe someone from Ontario has also indicated they have one in either this topic or the one on AVSForum.

Later,

Miles

Miles,

How much is Future Shop selling it for in Canadian $?

Miles

Second Unit
I believe they are retailing at $299.. but I got 10% off as it was the shelf-model... although never even plugged in...

Just an FYI that I had a similar problem to one already mentioned... I was playing my Pink Floyd DSOTM disc and tried to open the tray... and the 563 froze w/ OPEN showing on the display. The only way to correct the issue was to unplug the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks