What's new

Pioneer D811S Overload (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I had a really strange thing happen with my D811S. I was doing a demo of the THX logo on the Episode 1 DVD at REF like I have done many times before. Although this time I forgot to turn up the volume all the way. So when it started I began to turn up the volume to REF level. When the explosion of the ball happened it just hit REF level, but then my receiver went into OVERLOAD and shut off. I checked all the connections and tried it again accept this time I had the volume preset to REF and it worked fine.

Anyone have any theories or explanations as to why it happened?

Also might this have damaged my receiver and are my speakers at risk of further damage due to a possibly damaged receiver?

I have N38 mains N-Center and N24's for surround and back surround. No sub. LFE is redirected to the mains.

I've a similar config (Pioneer VSX-D810S [and older model], N38II mains, N-Center, 150 Sub, Pioneer HTP100 for back and surrounds) and I got a similar message trying to play a MP3 song at high volumen using a bad quality (96 kbps) songs. The source is an Onkyo MB-S1 Digital Music Server.

The problem was caused due a noisy/garbaged source being played at higher volume.

I have test my Amp with a good quality sources without any problems (I've almost a year with the Home Theater)

Jean H//

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks