What's new

Pioneer 5.1 receiver for under $50!!! (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have a great beginner receiver. A used Pioneer VSX-D412 receiver. It has DTS, DD, DPL II, etc. Comes with remote and manual. It sounds decent and has surprising power for an entry level unit. One corner is dinged up but it looks pretty good.

$49

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bump for a great seller.

I bought a Carver amp from him last week and it arrived yesterday. Triple boxed and one box was double thick. It easily survived the trip from ME to MS.

-Robert

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
hi there! i tried googling the specs for pioneer AV receiver VSX-DX412 but unfortunately i can't find any. would you mind posting the specs and pics? thanks!

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
hi there DorianBryant! thanks for the info. im just new to this Hometheater thing and im still in the research stage but i was really tempted by this system as a beginner unit. hehehe! is the $49 includes the shipping?

thanks!

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Hi Josh,

I will split shipping but not provide free shipping. It will cost between $15-25 to ship and it just isn't worth the effort. $58 via pay-pal is about the best I can do. Thanks

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
hi!

sorry, i must be very annoying but im new to buying things on line. i do have paypal, though. can i ask for a personal warranty for this? thanks for understanding.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
hi there!

you must be so busy that you can't attend to all your customers. you should have at least inform me of your trouble finding my address. and advise me before doing the refund.

anyway, thanks for the refund

nice doing business with you. :thumbsdown:

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I did advise you that UPS has no record of your address. You did not offer any explanation. Pretty hard to ship it when UPS says your address does not exist...

Therefore I refunded your payment.

j0sh818

Grip
Real Name
Joshua
it's ok, maybe that receiver is not really meant for me.
but honestly, i really can't explain why UPS doesn't have a record of my address.

oh, by the way, i ordered a set of speakers (5.1) online last monday and the seller was able to ship it to me via UPS.

as i said, maybe that receiver is not meant for me.

thank you and hope to be doing business with you some other time.

have a good day.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't know what the deal is with this seller, but once again, an agreement was made and the payment was refused with no explanation. If the address(es) given are claimed to be invalid again, it's a false claim. The address connected to the PayPal account used is verified.

I would advise potential buyers to think twice, in spite of Robert's good experience. There seems to be some odd game going on.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently this is an ongoing thing w/Dorian, I just had the same thing happen to me on a Denon receiver that they've got for sale.

I don't get it, same thing, no explanation, just used my PP for another purchase a week ago and have never had any problems and Dorian just refunded it for no particular reason.

Very odd indeed... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks