What's new

Pioneer 49TX/Etronics/Extended Warranty???/ (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I am considering the purchase of this receiver and have noticed in posts that some of you have bought it at etronics.

My question is does anyone have any experience with them and their extended warranty??

They have the best price on both the receiver and the warranty ($2398 rcvr $139 5 year extended warranty).

Any thoughts here??

Thanks

Greg

Robert George

Screenwriter
I bought my 49TX from Etronics and am quite satisfied with their service. The unit was well-packed (double boxed) and shipped within a day. I did not opt for the extended warranty.

Pioneer's warranty on most Elite products is 2 years. My local Pioneer dealer is a personal friend, so I don't have any concerns about getting service, evn though I did not buy from him. You may want to make certain Pioneer will honor the warranty if you buy online.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
bump for a good question...

I am considering the same thing.

Another possible option is through crazy eddie:

2378 for the 49tx

150 for a three-year warranty

------------

iweiss

Grip
I posted this question to Pioneer over the weekend specifically asking about honoring their warrantee if a receiver (VSX-49TX or 47TX) or DVD (47A) is purchased from Etronics or two other Internet dealers.

I have yet to receive a reply.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Most , only require a receipt. Denon and Yamaha are picky about dealers. The rest, you should be ok. But it's a good idea to check with the manufacturer. Check with 6th ave, JR, Onecall, Oades. They may give you a better price?????

Chris DiPetta

Auditioning
Here's my suggestion:
I won't tell you the name of this retailer, but their initials are 'J' and 'R'.
Took me 2 phone calls before I got this deal, so if the first salesperson won't do it, call back later(ie, a different shift with a different manager on duty).
49TX with a 4 year warranty that doesn't start until Pioneer's two year warranty runs out, for a total of 6 years.
That breaks down to $2400 for the 49TX and $159 for the additional 4 year warranty.
Unlike Crazy Eddie and Etronics, you know these guys are authorized resellers.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered one from etronics and it came next day in great shape. I don't know about warranty, but if I have a problem, I'm taking it to a local dealer and saying I got it as a gift. That should work - I've heard of other doing this just fine.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Saying you received it as a gift is lie and fraudulent as well. Many manufactures are getting stricter on this if you want help from an authorized retailer you can email me and I will see If I can help you get a better price. Please specify your general location in the email as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks